Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > Volvo Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2005 Volvo S40 DIM and BCM reprogramming?

My speedometer LED lights stopped working, so I had to change out the instrument cluster (DIM) in my 2005 Volvo S40 2.4i non turbo recently with one from a 2006 S40 junkyard donor car. Now I have working instrument cluster lights, but the orange information warning light is flashing and won't go out. I'm also showing a different mileage reading than what was on my OEM cluster. Everything else seems to be working fine. Anybody know if I can reprogram the donor DIM to clear the blinking info light and correct the mileage?

I also replaced my manual seats with power heated ones from a 2007 donor car. This also required replacing the center radio and HVAC control panel to get the buttons to turn on the heated seats. So far the power seats work, but the heated seats won't turn on. I've heard this is because you have to program the body control module (BCM) to recognize the heated seats buttons, if the car was not originally equipped with them. Has anybody else upgraded their seats and run into a similar problem? any suggestions to solve?
Old 06-28-2016, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: