Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche 356 Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Porsche 356 / 912 Engine For Sale

FOR SALE: PORSCHE INDUSTRIAL ENGINE

I got this Industrial Engine about 5 years ago. I bought it from its long time owner who had it in storage on a pallet as pictured. The engine serial # tracks to a later build, which came with a 356C/912 crankshaft. The engine comes with the slightly larger flat domed pistons and cylinders, which could be used in a Speedster. However, they're probably not usable in a heavier 912. I have most of the parts to make a complete engine. You would just need to get the pistons and cylinders of your choice along with some small miscellaneous small parts, like exhaust valve springs, two engine studs and new seals. (I can send you info on the specifics if you'd like to know more).

The pictures show the engine built up. It has now been torn down. Included in the asking price are all of the pictured industrial parts, plus my leftover 912 parts, like the tins, shroud, generator, starter, oil filter canister (e.g., most of the stuff that you see in the last picture below).

The industrial engine components are very clean, and are probably about as new as you can possibly find on the used market. If the meter is correct, this engine has only 139 hours of use. For what it's worth, Harry Pellow was a big fan of using these motors for rebuilds.

Asking $10k.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by gv1540; 11-01-2020 at 03:50 PM..
Old 11-01-2020, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: