Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Slightly Knowledgeable
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 70
Garage
Windshield washer tank sensor failing?

'09 Carrera S
A couple of weeks ago my car alerted me that the washer fluid level was low. I added a small amount of washer fluid (all that I had at the time). A few days later, the warning appeared again, so I added about a half gallon of washer fluid.

Last night, the warning popped up again. As far as I know, the fluid is not leaking out of the tank, as I don't see any wet spots on my garage floor. However, this is the rainy time of the year here in NW Washington, so driving the car on wet roads tracks water into the garage. I haven't yet pulled the fender liner off to get at the tank.

Does this symptom of repeated warnings of low washer fluid level suggest that the washer tank sensor is going bad? Or could it be something as simple as just cleaning the electrical contacts?

__________________
2009 Porsche 911 C2S, 2002 Porsche C2S (traded)
Old 03-22-2025, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Slightly Knowledgeable
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Western Washington
Posts: 70
Garage
At this point, 54 views but no replies. I've decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and buy the washer fluid level sensor. To get at the thing you have to remove the driver-side front wheel and take out a dozen or so fasteners to remove the inner wheel well liner. That's a bit of work, so I would prefer to have the part in hand rather than order it then and wait several days with the wheel off and the car up in the air.

__________________
2009 Porsche 911 C2S, 2002 Porsche C2S (traded)
Old 03-27-2025, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:28 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.