Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 944 Turbo and Turbo S


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 170
Question how much boost is OK ??????

I have an 86 951 with ONLY these modifications from stock: Autothority Stage II chips, Lindsey Racing dual port wastegate with manual boost controller, and Lindsey Racing 3 inch exhaust ( no cat)
***What I need to know is how much boost is safe with the stock injectors. Right now I see 15psi at full throttle in higher gears.
****Also, how much more boost is safe if I install bigger injectors???

Thanks

Old 04-20-2006, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered
 
SD Porsche Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 63
I can't answer your question entirely but in addition to new injectors you will want a 3 bar fuel pressure regulator to feed them. Also, your DME chip needs to be mapped to handle the a/f ratios if you are pouring in more air to prevent lean/rich situations.

If you are looking to make that kind of power I suggest upgrading to a Vitesse chip mapped for your application. He will guide you though everything else.
__________________
Steve
'89 951 Alpine White/Blue, factory sport seats, Lindsey DP WG, MBC, Vitesse chips, 3 bar FPR, Evo diverter valve K&N filter, cat bypass, Koni Yellows
Old 04-20-2006, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Kingsport, TN
Posts: 2,938
Been running 1.1 bars (about 16 psi) with stock injectors and 3 bar fuel pressure regulator for 5 - 6 years, 50K miles, and probably 40 track events. I have a non-stock head gasket, however. No problems.

__________________
Lawrence
1986 951
2002 SLK32 AMG
1987 328GTS
2011 528i
Old 04-21-2006, 03:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Reply


 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:50 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2026 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.