|
|
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 568
|
86 944 Turbo value...
Hi, I'm from the 911 side of the house, but my son has a 944 and I owned 2 different ones a few years ago. Someone I know has a friend that is trying to sell an 86 Turbo in NC, with 71K miles in very nice condition, gray with red interior. It has an upgraded stereo, suspension and turbo.
What would be a good starting asking price? Thanks! Lou
__________________
'76 911 "Moneypenny" daily driver '74 911 "JLo" IROC DE Car '03 CRV, '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee '03 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE, 30ft, 8.1l, 340HP, 455Ft# http://www.nicotra4.hpshare.net/BasketCaseMotorsports/ |
||
|
|
|
|
Ornery Bastard
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Sound
Posts: 2,880
|
We'd need to see and drive the car to really judge. I've seen some really rough examples go for $4K or less, I've seen some cream puffs go for $5K or less too.
If the car is really in great shape and gets a clean bill of health from a mechanic he could get $10K or more. Depends on what the modifications are. If the upgraded turbo is a 951S unit, and if the suspension is from a 951S, then it'll be more money. If the car is indifferently modified, it will be worth a lot less. The red interior is a negative flag because that was never a factory offering. Without seeing pictures of it, we can't tell how well all the necessary custom work was done. So, the car is worth somewhere between $3K and $10K.
__________________
--------- Silver 1998 Volvo S70 T5 <- Daily (Anja) Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen) White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei) |
||
|
|
|
|
Slumlord
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,983
|
You could start by picking up your email and turning on your PM option. I need similar help
.Did you get the email I sent today?
__________________
84 Cab - sold! 89 Cab - not quite done 90C4 - winter beater |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 568
|
Aaron, the owner just informed me that the interior is original and maroon and not red as I had mentioned... I was out of the country until about 3 hrs ago. PMd PBH. Lou
__________________
'76 911 "Moneypenny" daily driver '74 911 "JLo" IROC DE Car '03 CRV, '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee '03 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE, 30ft, 8.1l, 340HP, 455Ft# http://www.nicotra4.hpshare.net/BasketCaseMotorsports/ |
||
|
|
|
|
Ornery Bastard
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Sound
Posts: 2,880
|
Quote:
If the upgraded turbo is a K26/8 (turbo from a 944 Turbo S) and if the suspension was done properly, I'd say it's in the $8K to $10K range assuming that it's in good shape. We really do need pictures though.
__________________
--------- Silver 1998 Volvo S70 T5 <- Daily (Anja) Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen) White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 568
|
Including some pictures the owner sent me...
__________________
'76 911 "Moneypenny" daily driver '74 911 "JLo" IROC DE Car '03 CRV, '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee '03 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE, 30ft, 8.1l, 340HP, 455Ft# http://www.nicotra4.hpshare.net/BasketCaseMotorsports/ |
||
|
|
|
|
|
Ornery Bastard
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Sound
Posts: 2,880
|
Assuming that all the little things work (the light behind the clock, cruise control, no dash cracks, good leather on the seats, good tires, etc) and assuming that the mechanicals pass inspection that car is easily in the high end of the 951 spectrum. If he doesn't need to move the car fast, he should be able to get $10K or more and not be able to be accused of ripping the buyer off.
That said, I've seen cream puffs go for 5K or less. The 951 market depends on finding the right buyer.
__________________
--------- Silver 1998 Volvo S70 T5 <- Daily (Anja) Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen) White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei) |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 568
|
I have sent the owner the URL to this thread... I thank you all for your input! Will add the car to the for sale section soon. Lou
__________________
'76 911 "Moneypenny" daily driver '74 911 "JLo" IROC DE Car '03 CRV, '02 Jeep Grand Cherokee '03 Holiday Rambler Admiral SE, 30ft, 8.1l, 340HP, 455Ft# http://www.nicotra4.hpshare.net/BasketCaseMotorsports/ |
||
|
|
|
|
Super Moderator
|
aaron, how can you say 10k without even seeing the motor/exhaust pics, without knowing what suspension it has, without knowing when the last timing belt, water pump, and clutch job was, without knowing what turbocharger is on there, what documentation it comes with/out, how many owners, what chips it's running (turbo swap mandates a chip swap), if it has a clean title, etc. etc.
we really need more details to figure a price for this. from the known current severely limited information, it could be worth anywhere from 5k to 12k.
__________________
'89 turbo-s (2.7, wolf3d ems, garrett dbb turbo, tial 46mm, etc. fast!) |
||
|
|
|
|
Ornery Bastard
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Sound
Posts: 2,880
|
Quote:
![]() Judging from how well cared for the car is in the pictures, I think my estimate is fairly safe, probaly 70% to 80% confident that it is accurate.
__________________
--------- Silver 1998 Volvo S70 T5 <- Daily (Anja) Guards Red 1986 951 <- Seattle car (Gretchen) White 1976 914 2.0 F.I. <- Prodigal car, traded away then brought back again (Lorelei) |
||
|
|
|
|
Moderator
|
Gorgeous looking car. If it weren't an 86, I'd be interested!
Ahmet
__________________
Cheers! |
||
|
|
|
|
Registered
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 63
|
I see your from NJ, i have mine for sale too my asking price is 9500 and all the little things work exepct the clock and drivers power seat switch.
|
||
|
|
|
|