View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Shake-Out Inspection

Hey Kamaro - I've owned several 16 and 32 valve model 928's in various stages of repair over the years and as reported by many other owners - the primary purchasing guide or rule of thumb is to " Buy One In The Very Best Condition You Can Afford". There is no such thing as an inexpensive 928 in poor condition.

My typical selection is one that is in reasonably nice shape but has been Dead in the Water for a while. Luckily my wife has a good sense of humor when it comes to my project-mobiles because it sometimes takes me almost a year before they are reliable enough for a long distance road trip. Our favorite 928 to date has been "Miss Purdy" who has taken us from coast to coast many times in the summer heat and can keep up with any of the latest performance cars on interstate all day long.

Do some research on the Porsche sites before falling in love with a particular car and have a Porsche mechanic who is familiar with all the 928 quirks thoroughly go over her before making your purchase. Then be prepared for the typical questions from across the gas pumps asking "What Model New Porsche Is That Thing ?".

Good Luck - Michael
1975 911 Targa "Blue"
Old 10-12-2020, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)