View Single Post

Garage
3 Somewhat Unrelated Questions

Hey all,

I am in the process of moving (my family and my 944S -- also part of the family) to the Fort Lauderdale area and have a couple of questions related to that and one old nagging question / problem that seems to have worsened in South Florida.

1. Anyone have any experience with and / or could recommend a good mechanic / shop down here?

2. Im moving from North Florida and on one of my many recent weekend 600 mile RT up and down the FL Turnpike, I lost one of the center caps from my slotted wheels (solid aluminum with the crest non painted). Where is the best place to find a replacement (internet)?

3. Im still having an intermittent starting problem, especially in this higher humidity. Car takes 4 10 cranks (fires dies) before starting then runs normally. It starts fine when the engine is hot. This has been going on for the 2+ years that Ive owned the car. Comes and goes. Seems to be related to humidity, but I could be nuts too!!

95 968 (My newest addition)\
87 944S
97 M3 Coupe (Gone, but not forgotten)
81 Volvo DL (Gone and forgotten)
Old 06-22-2004, 02:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)