View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to kstylianos
Camgrinder - SuperC2 vs. SC330's

Iím currently running an SC330 grind in a 9.7:1 CR SC motor. The engine has SSIís with sport muffler and enlarged intake ports and runners (36mm). The exhaust ports were kept stock for added backpressure/low end torque. Cams are currently timed at 2.0mm lift.

The cam and headwork were already ordered/complete by the time I decided to bump up the compression, so I just decided to keep the SC330s for the time being. Now that Iím familiar with the engine and its characteristics after ~10K miles street/track use Iím considering switching to cams that may be better suited for my engine/ driving needs.

Per your suggestion you mentioned the SuperC2 grind is a better fit for a higher compression engine, but I currently like the mid range torque and is really nice to drive on the street, but would like a little more grunt in the top end for track use.

What type of change would I notice from switching from the SC330 grind to the SuperC2. Would I lose some lower end torque (about how much) for some more top end grunt (how much more). Where do the SuperC2 cams come Ďon camí and where do you expect them to peak out?

Here is a recent dyno chart of my engine as is stands. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited by kstylianos; 07-23-2004 at 01:17 PM..
Old 07-23-2004, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)