View Single Post

Quote:
Originally posted by BoxxerSix
I'm don't think they made a Turbo Targa Slantnose, unless it was ordered that way.
Correction in that all Slantnose Porsches had to be ordered that way, be it Coupe, Targa or Cab.

As stated by Kellcats 521, this was option code (505) which retailed for roughly $29K on whatever style 911 you chose to order it on.

Factory Turbo Targas are rare, later 88 & 89 are even more scarce though there were a few, as there were also a couple of the Santnose varients that were produced.

Everyone is correct in that there were no Twin Turbo targas produced by the factory...so if that's what the car is, then its beeb modified.

Also, not all Slantnose coversion are "hack jobs" however you will need to check it carefully.

Easiest way to tell if its a factory slant nose is to check the right rear fender vent. All factory cars ordered with the (505) option had the oil cooler mounted in the rear fender vent.

Also check the headlights, most conversions used separate motors for each light. The factory cars used a single motor connected to a rod that went through the tub on either side to raise the headlights. I believe that setup was actually taken from the 968 parts bin at the factory.

Lastly, make sure if it is a conversion that the fenders at all 4 corners are steel.. The only thing acceptable for me in a fiberglass
conversion would be a DP or Kremer car...and that's a whole different animal.

Good luck to you and your dad!!

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 03-07-2007, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)