View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
4 weeks is enough time.

The current design is 3" ID. To change to anything else would require re-tooling at great expense. Also as you know the larger the ID the louder the muffler. I chose 3" because it is the largest ID that will allow you to use a stock turbo flange and gasket while keeping the noise volume at an acceptable level.

The design that David is using is optimal for a performance application but unfortunately it may be too noisy for the subdivision police. It's all a compromise.

The entire unit is aircraft grade 321 stainless steel which is extremely expensive due to the Ti and Ni content, the very elements that reduce weight and increase durability. The cost for the unit pictured will be along the lines of Ben's N/A mufflers, around $600, cost will be less for a unit having a passenger's side outlet. I will get current materials pricing from Ben and sell the pilot units as low as I can. All undamaged units are 100% returnable if not satisfied, no questions asked.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)