View Single Post

Garage
Cross country in the 930/4. Day 1

The sun was shining bright (as always) in San Diego when i took delivery of this beast. Tim, a cordial English gent and pelicanite with a bad case or our disease (a 964/ speedster/ 356 coupe and the 930/4... plus more in england!) was gracious enough to lend me the tools from his garage with which to fabricate a proper turbo intake. Thanks for your time and cup of tea Tim. Then, my girlfriend and i were off.

A few observations. This car is brutal. It idles and spools up EXACTLY like the 935s and the Turbo RSR i saw at Rennsport. It's clutch is absurb, as it is either in or out, but sometimes likes to make you guess with chatter. You manhandle this thing in every way... and i loved it. Driving this car is about as close as i will probably come to piloting the Turbo rsr, 934 or 935, and thats ok by me.

The suspension needs some work, as i didnt feel completely comfortable at super high speeds in the mountains east of San Diego. It is great for the trip though.

Did i mention the attention? People sit in your blind spot, taking cell phone photos and trying to figure out what the hell you are, and is something this wide legal on the road. Mullet guys in their Neons and Saleens come up beside and gun.

A fantastic first day... made it the little town of Lordsburg, NM before crashing. Enjoy the pix and see you in the am.

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 05-01-2008, 11:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)