View Single Post

hi dave, im at a total loss here, at that +12 terminal, there should be a switched live? yes? ok........ from my switched live in fuse box it goes to my combo gauge, i can get all warning llights working in correct sequence. then it continues from the combo to +12 on the tacho. i also have it earthed, leaving only the 1 terminal with no connection (this should go to the coil).

with regards to the bulbs;

the 2 red and grey wires go to side lights, which work perfectly and illuminate the tacho when light switch is on.

the blue and white is high beam (does not seem to work)

and blue and red are indicator(flasher) which goes all the time at in increased rate when the key is turned, although flashes correctly when left or right turn is selected and hazard switch is selected.

the bulbs themselves for the sidelights have only one terminal, so take it they must ground through the case itself. the other bulbs in the tacho have one main terminal which a link (eg indicator flasher) can be attached to but the other side small and not meant for connecting. as a test, i ran wire from switched fuse to the spare unusable side of the light, but....... fuse popped. what the heck is going on?? everything else in the car works a treat, except this one thing! please help guys.

what im thinking is i still have no power as such to the tacho housing (+12)...... will the missing connection to the coil have anything to do with my problems?

is there any way anyone out there could test this for me by simply pulling tacho connection of coil??

any other ideas??

Last edited by buggyboyshane; 09-30-2009 at 01:30 PM..
Old 09-30-2009, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)