View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
321 can take some heat! RarlyL8 Scratch & Dent

I had a muffler returned recently that had experienced extremely high heat. Typically 321 will turn a bronze color with heat, this one is purple. It was so hot the sound deadening material inside melted.

The muffler was cut open, inspected and the sound deadening material re-packed. 321 is more resilient to heat than 304 which is why we use it. There are no cracks in this muffler and I will honor the as-new warranty. If within a year it cracks due to heat you get a new one.

I have included a new short tailpipe that can be used through or below the valance.

Also pictured is an older prototype waste gate dump pipe that matches the new tailpipe. It must be cut and re-welded for a perfect fit as it has no adjustment.

These items originally retailed for $630 plus shipping.
Scratch & Dent (or torched) price $475 shipped CONUS.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)