View Single Post

BOV with short neck IC - UPDATED W/PICTS

Well guys, ol' Gimpy here has finally healed enough to where I can stand on a concrete floor for most of the day....so I started my modern BOV retrofit/stock recirc. valve delete - with the intentions of keeping my shortneck intercooler and scabbing all the parts I need from what remains of the air plenum after being thoroughly hacked up on my cutoff saw.

The picture is just the basic layout to give you the general idea of how it will all hook up. This will include deleting the deacelleration valve (the golden flying saucer of ill repute), and I'll be using it's attachment point to the old (and now sawed off) recirc. manifold as the new feed to the BOV to redirect boost. The BOV itself will be mounted to what's left of the turbo feed pipe coupler (where the left side of the IC usually mounts). Cut a couple of plates from the old manifold, to weld up to the holes where I cut the other parts off. Also relocated the overboost switch to right next to the boost gauge sender unit. I don't have the shi.t to weld magnesium, so will farm that out next week. Still have to fabricate a couple of IC mounts and cap off a couple hoses from the decel valve and route a vacuum hose to the BOV...but hey, piece of cake!

More pictures to come as she comes together.

P.S. I've got piles of magnesium dust from all the grinding I did. You would be amazed how flamable that stuff is. I took a pinch and dropped it from above onto my Bic lighter, and promptly was momentarily blinded and smoked my fingers! Good incendiary stuff!

Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 12-31-2009 at 01:09 PM..
Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)