View Single Post

Garage
slipping clutch wit 3.0L motor and 901 gearbox

Hi,
after modifying my 914 to a 914-6 with a 3.0 SC (K-JET) motor my clutch starts to slip after only 2000 km driving.

I am using the original gearbox from the 914 (the so-called 901 type). Therefore I have cut off the ring gear from the flywheel of the 4-cylinder motor and bolted it onto the flywheel of the 3.0. No drilling was needed in the 3.0 flywheel. I also used the old pressure plate that belongs to the 901 gearbox, as it stilll looked in good shape. However, I renewed the clutch.

I suspect the surface of this clutch and pressure from the pressure plate is insufficient for the (180 HP) 3.0L motor. My question is if the Sachs SPORTS pressure plate (#88-3082-999-741-M410 from Pelicanparts) will be strong enough. Though this is quite an expensive pressure plate, it is still cheaper and lighter than converting a 915 gearbox.

Does anybody have a suggestion or specs of this pressure plate? Eventually, the original Sachs number is welcome as well.
Thanks very much,
Gerber van der Graaf
Old 08-03-2010, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)