Thread: Engine support
View Single Post

Garage
Just to question you guys about your method.

If I am separating the tranny from the engine why would I want it sitting on jackstands a foot or so off the floor. If anything happens I'd say that even a foot is a long way for an engine or tranny to fall?

Scenario:

Someone stupid in a rush or tired from working on the car all day trips or snags the engine bar. It comes off the jackstand, then the other, the other!!!

AAARRRGGGHHH, Its falling to the floor!!!

Do I catch it??!! Damn rights, right on your foot.

Oh, it landed on the shifter coupling for the tailshifter? Bent? Too bad!! The shifting of a tail shifter sucks anyways!

No? The tranny was already off? Oh, it landed on the tranny stud and broke it off and cracked the case where the stud goes in? Thats too bad!

NO? Oh, in that case its too bad it landed on the valve cover.

They weren't on !!?? Ouch, that must have buggered the rockers/valves/pushrods?

And the scenario goes from there. It ends up with the dog getting hit by a car and the Christmas tree catching fire.

Sorry but I was in the mood to RAZ someone. Its nothing personal, just having some fun. And picked this post.

This is bad! I'm almost laughing at my own jokes, and my wife thinks I'm some kind of idiot sitting here chuckling at the computer.

Murray Crates Moose and a Happy Ewe Near.

Old 12-24-1999, 12:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)