View Single Post
Registered

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to agrimmitt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig T View Post
He looks like a deep chested dog. Is it bloat? Bloat is the stomach twisting and causing the blockage, and its common in deep chested dogs. You can usually avoid that by feeding the dog three small meals spaced throughout the day as opposed to one big meal, and always have a LOT of water next to his food bowl.
Craig:
He is the largest Lab I have ever owned, not fat at all; but about 125lbs {fully papered Lab} at almost four years old. I owned/raised Great Danes for years and yes he have a huge chest like a Dane. I have his stomach tacked the second time we had an issue with him. This time is seems he ate some type of very small metal polishing object? I can't find anything in my shop area like it, but that not to say he didn't have his nose in something! I could have rebuild a early 911 motors for what I have spent on his hospital bills; but you can't put a price on your pets {or families} health! I'm lucky I can afford it, many would have put him down longer ago, which includes my wife. I will my muzzle a animal nor do I want to put him a dog run; it's just in his natural to eat {odd} things. He ate a pair of my wife panties the first time and had the same issue with them.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)