Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to agrimmitt
Thumbs up After a visit to the Vet's

My Buddy Bailey

Old 10-02-2014, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Here, let me help you with that table before it hurts him...

Old 10-02-2014, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

So, what is it about this thread...?
Old 10-02-2014, 10:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

It's a bass akwards thread !
Old 10-02-2014, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered ConfUser

Looks like a coffee table embedded in his abdomen. Guess the vet wasn't able to extract it successfully?
2019 SeaRay 210 SPX
Old 10-02-2014, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thumbs up Lesson learned

Your right the photo is 90 degree' s off, but when I uploaded it off my computer it was correct. Which seems be the only concern of those who viewed it. It was the "third" time that my friend had to have his stomach opened up to remote something blocking/plugging up his system. So he was trying to recover on the sofa; which was the key to the thread! Not losing my best friend, not the photo, table or time of day. I'm sorry to say I don't think it was a joke, but maybe that was my mistake for thinking this thread was about our pet's. And not a place for those with to much time to try to think on how to be funny, with no brains, and small dicks, to practice his or her stand up comedy on fellow Porsche owners before the next meeting or event. No bid deal, just that this thread is in my rear view mirror no more needs to be said on the subject.
agrimmitt@pelican
Old 10-06-2014, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrimmitt View Post
It was the "third" time that my friend had to have his stomach opened up to remote something blocking/plugging up his system. So he was trying to recover on the sofa; which was the key to the thread! Not losing my best friend
Sorry about the jokes, but since you didn't include any of the above information, no one had any idea what the deal was. He could have gotten back from the vet after a teeth cleaning or getting fixed or a yearly check up.

If you had included the above information in the initial post, I'm sure you would have had a VERY different response since many/most of us here are animal folks.

Glad you've still got your buddy.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 10-06-2014, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Wasn't trying to make light of your dog's condition, just figured you could use some help posting the picture correctly. I couldn't do it either so what does that say? Did it come from an iPhone originally?
Sorry to hear about your dog. Did he eat whatever was causing the blockage?
Old 10-06-2014, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
man's best friend. glad your pup is ok!

best,
Old 10-06-2014, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

He looks like a deep chested dog. Is it bloat? Bloat is the stomach twisting and causing the blockage, and its common in deep chested dogs. You can usually avoid that by feeding the dog three small meals spaced throughout the day as opposed to one big meal, and always have a LOT of water next to his food bowl.

Volvo V60 - Daily Driver (I love it!)
997 Turbo - FVD Exhaust, GIAC Tune - 542 dyno hp on 93 oct
1972 Chevy K-10 Pick-Up Truck Hugger Orange
Old 10-06-2014, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Bill is Dead.

Quote:
Glad you've still got your buddy.
And a sense of humor.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig T View Post
He looks like a deep chested dog. Is it bloat? Bloat is the stomach twisting and causing the blockage, and its common in deep chested dogs. You can usually avoid that by feeding the dog three small meals spaced throughout the day as opposed to one big meal, and always have a LOT of water next to his food bowl.
Craig:
He is the largest Lab I have ever owned, not fat at all; but about 125lbs {fully papered Lab} at almost four years old. I owned/raised Great Danes for years and yes he have a huge chest like a Dane. I have his stomach tacked the second time we had an issue with him. This time is seems he ate some type of very small metal polishing object? I can't find anything in my shop area like it, but that not to say he didn't have his nose in something! I could have rebuild a early 911 motors for what I have spent on his hospital bills; but you can't put a price on your pets {or families} health! I'm lucky I can afford it, many would have put him down longer ago, which includes my wife. I will my muzzle a animal nor do I want to put him a dog run; it's just in his natural to eat {odd} things. He ate a pair of my wife panties the first time and had the same issue with them.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

You do not have permissi

Don't know enough about canine psychology to know what causes that OCD.

Probably worth finding out about alternative distractions to the behavior, and proofing the abode so it doesn't happen again.
Glad he made it.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrimmitt View Post
Craig:
He ate a pair of my wife panties the first time and had the same issue with them.
That's easy to solve. Fredericks of Hollywood sells edible panties. They get a little sticky, but still a lot of fun.

Building a dog run may seem cruel, but not nearly as cruel as multiple surgeries for the poor guy. I've read dogs have no real sense of time laps beyond a couple hours. keeping him in a confined area with safe activities when he can't be supervised is not so bad as long as you have good quality time with him when you are home.

I had to made a lot of adjustments in order to be a responsible dog owner with Tank, due to his dog aggression and high-prey drive behaviors.

Volvo V60 - Daily Driver (I love it!)
997 Turbo - FVD Exhaust, GIAC Tune - 542 dyno hp on 93 oct
1972 Chevy K-10 Pick-Up Truck Hugger Orange
Old 10-06-2014, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: