View Single Post

my 1983 slant nose turbo has no power when i drive it? whats going on?

calling all porsche guys,
I am the proud owner of a rare 930 slant nose with frog eyes car made and dezined in Germany, ive bought it here in the states, don't have a ton of history on it, but will fill u guys in on all hat I know and what was done,

car was parked for several years, so had the fuse hot issue and bad fuel pumps, and just spent hundreds and hundreds to get all of this done properly,

new turbo, pumps, oil change,

this is whats its doing, when I start it up, the motor purrs like a kitten, motor sounds great! go and put it in gear, and will take off like if I had a 5-hp golf cart, lol, yea its depressing, made a few pops, goes away, when I take off from first gear it would sound like there is no gas? but all is good there, it will hessate and no wanna go at all, it will go yes, but again no power at all, I have not checked anything, took off the cap yesterday, and cap is new(er) point on the cap look good, wires on the other hand look not the greatest to be honest, the inside of them, jve herd about some sort of cdi box? or other type of parts u guys named with 3 letter words I have zero idea and have to research it to look up with they stand for, as I am a baby to all of this, I also have a nice msd box 6al sitting in my garage and another hi performance voltage box from my 90 corvette sitting along the side of the msd, and it is also new, got at a good deal and sitting on my shelf,

need your advice guys on this one, only ask if u guys maybe can show me what to do, as I cant nickel and dime it, just last week the mechanic got me for almost 2k for a few pumps to install, yea 2k,

other issues are the clutch has a little peddle to it, but does engage into gear, slightly wobblely but goes in fine, fuel filter was also done to, other then that guys, don't know what els was done to it as far as servicing is concerned,

this was supposed to be a 4 sec car 0-60, and my grandmother can walk faster then it, lol, I just so hope its something stupid, or even simply to address,

thanks so much guys,
john
Old 12-22-2014, 05:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)