Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Option code

Hello all,

My brother is curently buying a 1981 911 turbo .

One of the option code list is 499 ( West Germarny option)..........

What does this option include? Is it technical part???

Thank you in advance for your help!
Old 08-29-2018, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
That just specifies the car was a Germany market version car, it's not an option per se or designate specific equipment.

Useful option decoder here:
Porsche Option Decoder

List of all optional equipment and codes for MY1981 here:
https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/911-81/
'97 993 Turbo S - Ocean Blue Metallic
'13 981 Boxster (BGB 3.8L 991S conversion) - Racing Yellow
Old 08-30-2018, 03:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have some difficulties to understand why Porsche make a special code for Germany and not for US or Italy for example...
Is it a code for "standard" package???
is it specific code for safety equipment???
I need your help.....
Old 08-30-2018, 03:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee88 View Post
That just specifies the car was a Germany market version car, it's not an option per se or designate specific equipment.

Useful option decoder here:
Porsche Option Decoder

List of all optional equipment and codes for MY1981 here:
https://www.stuttcars.com/technical/option-codes/911-81/
Iím not sure that is entirely true. Some regions may have required some items to be standard and not options. Therefore some items may not show up as optional equipment but they were installed at the factory. Whatever was the standards for that region(at that time) is what the op needs to find out unless someone has the answer.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

.... the main question is which kind of item... special exhaust? Mirors? Brakes??? Who have the answer??
Old 08-30-2018, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
There are no less than 17 different codes for a vehicle destination, from all across the world....and yes even for Germany.

Just like Lee88 has already mentioned...there is a very easy to find list of ALL Porsche standard item codes and option item codes on line, just look up the links Lee88 noted.

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 08-30-2018 at 11:21 AM..
Old 08-30-2018, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Might also help to post some pics of the car.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2018, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

My 77 930 has on the COA Equipment for Puerto Rico. My car has a passenger side mirror that is controlled electrically. The COA does not indicate the mirror as an option. It does not look like someone added it other than the factory, the car also has a separate factory rear fog light switch with the factory loom in the rear. So what the OP may be asking is, what came standard and what was an option for the country the car was made for. No one has been able to answer what came standard for cars with Equipment made for Puerto Rico. Oh and I did check out Lee's link..very cool but I still don't have an answer for my car.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: