Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Question First Post... and I already need something!

Hello All! My name is Sean, I am new to this forum, I have been lurking for a while, and I apologize for my first post being needy, but I am banging my head against a wall here! I also pre-apologize for not knowing all the proper terminology; I will do my best to learn quickly! Here is where I am at…
Background:
I sold my 996 C2S, and I have been searching high and low for a 930… I am not looking for a concourse car, but I do want a 930 in good shape, not a project/resurrection. I think I found “THE” car. 1987 Silver/Black; 90,000 miles; modifications per the owner include: “balanced and blueprinted… Borla exhaust. There is no cat. The headers are original… the crank was milked… C-2 cams where placed… ported and polished heads… Billet injector ports where done... European injector tubes where inserted. Roughly 350hp”
Problem:The car is in Florida, and I am in Smog-Hell, aka (California). All of the smog equipment has been removed and canned; which, if I lived in any other state, I would do the same thing. The only exception being the owner kept the stock cats and mufflers.
Solutions:Option 1, I convert this car back to stock-ish, and if so does anyone have a pile of functional garbage (smog equipment): air pump, belt, diverter valves, vacuum lines they would like to rid themselves of? ***Side note: Is my smog parts list missing anything else?***
And can a DIY’er do the re-installation? I am pretty handy, I’m not tearing down a motor or anything but baring that or a transmission rebuild I am pretty confident, that with the proper diagrams and help from a great forum, I can do just about anything.
Option 2: I just hold out for a CA car? Spending sleepless nights… tossing… and turning… Porsche less…
Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have everything you need:
- smog pump, brackets, hoses, and air injection manifold
- complete diverter, totally rebuilt with rubber elbow
- I also have an OE intercooler if you need it

I took all of this stuff off - it's not too tough to put it on, but it would be difficult to get the smog pump setup put on the motor with it (the motor) in the car.

PM me if you're interested.

Pat K
'87 930
Old 01-15-2008, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You may need a new muffler for awhile. I believe the borla attached strait to the turbo and deleted the cat. There could be a cat version that I just havent seen.
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 01-15-2008, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: