Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930/3.2 Throttle Linkage Setup

I would like to see how some of you are setting up your throttle linkage when using a 3.2 Manifold/throttle body on a 930 engine. I had my manifold cut where the throttle body mounts so I can rotate it to face towards the rear of the car. Any pics and suggestions would be appreciated. Don't want to reinvent the wheel when someone has already done it.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hey Vince, Got any pics of the throttle body on the motor? I cut a 3.2 manifold and went horizontal with the throttle body for a straight down dump from the intercooler. I was able to build a pretty simple throttle cable setup using two 914 throttle cables and a few minor fabricated parts. One end of the 914 cable screws right on to the square pivot block that hooks on the throttle lever. It also screws into the throttle coupling near the tunnel... FWIW
Old 02-01-2008, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Don't have any pics yet. I'm basically doing the same thing you did, just turned the throttle body more than you did making it face more towards the rear. I thought about a cable setup, but if there's a easier way I rather go that route. If you have pics of your setup I would appreciated if you can send them to me.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

3 Things To Live By - You can't be Too Rich, Too Thin, or have Too Much Horsepower!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I rotated it just like the pic DRB930 posted but I need info on how to set up the linkage. Do you extend, bend or use a cable for the linkage?
Old 02-01-2008, 11:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Patrick Motorsports makes a throttle cable for 3.6 conversions. That might work better.
DRB, what mods did you have to do to your I/C to mate it up to the throttle body?
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, H&R Coilovers, ESB spring plates- 210 lb
Old 02-06-2008, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I built a nice throttle setup from a Lokar universal cable setup. You can search under my user name for pics. Check out www.summitracing.com for their cables. You just need to buy a cable long enough and you can cut it down to fit. Mine was about 40". They are intended for street rods or race cars. The hardware is very nice and much cheaper than Patrick's. I modded the bellcrank lever to create more throttle (quicker pedal response). This is likely not necessary.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I did a search "DW SD" you have about 500 post and can't seem to find the pics. What was the topic about?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: