Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thanks! I just bought a set of those sockets today. That's the same set of nut splitters I have. Once I removed the air injection stuff on the PS I could fit the small one over the nut. Then I tried to split it and the splitter broke. So I ordered another set of them up. The DS rear barrel nut is stripped out so I have no idea how I'm going to get that off now. I quit for the day because I don't want it to go more down hill. Sometimes you just have to step away from the tools for a while.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
I didn't break mine but the blade was well knackered...
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 03-08-2008, 05:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

so jay how long was the entire install?
50k:Lindren Green:B&B Dual Out Pipes:K27:965 I/C: --SOLD!!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbahn View Post
so jay how long was the entire install?
The removal of the old system took me a few days as I soaked the header nuts prior to the removal attempt. Once everything old was removed I installed the exhaust in about 4 hours- then I removed it and reinstalled in about 3 hours. (GHL sent me the wrong header gaskets so I had to replace them) I think it was a little faster the second time around as I had the process down. The longest part of the install, assuming there aren't turbo bracket adjustments to futz with, is the tightening of the header bolts. I had to use different combinations of wrenches to fit into some of the angles. I still have some adjustments to make with the alignment of the turbo and the elbow leading to the intake (see pic). I upgraded my turbo (K27 7006 to 7200) as well as the exhaust and I'm not sure if the place where the turbo bolts to the exhaust is slightly higher than the stock location- or if the new turbo has a slightly different geometry. I also need to work a little on the driver's side fan shroud to heat exchanger connection. My stock system had aluminum flexible hose going from fan shroud to side engine cover plate, then a solid, angled tube going to the factory heat exchanger. You can either cut the metal tube, which fits over the GHL heat exchanger or eliminate the solid tube and install a single, long flexible hose from the fan shroud to the heat exchanger. I'm going to install a longer hose which entails removing some of the intake stuff to get to the shroud...hoping that will take a little over an hour to sort out. Depending on what's been done to your car you may not have to mess with the heating system. If you're thinking about getting a GHL system and need an extra hand let me know- we could bang it out in even less time with 2 people.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: