Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bill - Hi. I'm back. After a few years of not having PCars, I think I'm ready to jump back into this. I'll send you my phone number via PM - let's talk.

Dan
Former owner of:
'86 Carrera
'89 930 3.4 (Ruf upgrades)
'97 993tt
Old 03-08-2008, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Hey Guys - thanks for the replies. I haven't been paying attention the last few days - spending time with my wife and little girl (and yes, both are o.k. - but every time I see a pregnant woman I think - oh no, don't do it. As I said to my wife, it's a good thing the survival of the human race is not dependent on me).

The car is 403 HP at the wheels - I am extrapolating to get 480-ish. This is with a K-27 7200, which is totally maxed out. A K-27 HF may get you another 20 or so with a good CIS AF ratio - beyond that is EFI territory. What is amazing is how dialed in the power band is on this car.

I have talked to an exotic consignment dealer as several have suggested, and perhaps that is the way to go. My wife an I were talking about it over the weekend and I think if it doesn't sell soon, I may pull it back and hold onto it for a while. I have already been thinking about getting an SC or carrera should the 930 sell, so.... maybe I will ditch the electromotive, go to an RSR 12 plug distributor, ditch the TRG sways (I have never been happy with the slow speed rattle from those - but the neutral handling they provide more than makes up for that), etc. The main problem is we cannot take road trips in it with the baby and we have an M5 which works quite well and can hold the baby.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAT3 View Post
Hey Guys - thanks for the replies. I haven't been paying attention the last few days - spending time with my wife and little girl (and yes, both are o.k. - but every time I see a pregnant woman I think - oh no, don't do it. As I said to my wife, it's a good thing the survival of the human race is not dependent on me).

The car is 403 HP at the wheels - I am extrapolating to get 480-ish. This is with a K-27 7200, which is totally maxed out. A K-27 HF may get you another 20 or so with a good CIS AF ratio - beyond that is EFI territory. What is amazing is how dialed in the power band is on this car.

I have talked to an exotic consignment dealer as several have suggested, and perhaps that is the way to go. My wife an I were talking about it over the weekend and I think if it doesn't sell soon, I may pull it back and hold onto it for a while. I have already been thinking about getting an SC or carrera should the 930 sell, so.... maybe I will ditch the electromotive, go to an RSR 12 plug distributor, ditch the TRG sways (I have never been happy with the slow speed rattle from those - but the neutral handling they provide more than makes up for that), etc. The main problem is we cannot take road trips in it with the baby and we have an M5 which works quite well and can hold the baby.
Hi,
Is the Electromotive not behaving well?
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 03-10-2008, 11:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
The mods sound very similar to my car, so the hp numbers are very good to see.

I am also curious, what is wrong with the Electromotive system?

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

I love your car. Great color. Not sure if it has been stated above, but a set of original fuchs, RUF's, or 3 piece speedline wheels would make your car stand out more.

Cheers
Old 03-11-2008, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

The electromotive is fine, but when we built the car I wanted to do the RSR twin plug route. Unfortunately, at the time 12 plug dizzys were almost unobtanium, but I understand they can be had now. If I keep it I will look into this - or perhaps EFI is in the future.

As for Fuchs, the original 7x9s are a joke at this power level. I was going to have custom 17" fuchs made up, but got vetoed by my wife. She likes it as it sits now.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: