Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

i just switched to a 3.4 with 7.5/1 JE pistons and a 1 bar spring. this mean i have a ticking time bomb? I still am breaking it in and havent re adjusted the WUR for the new compression and displacement.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-26-2009, 10:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

These threads always turn into dooms day scenarios after a while.

When you mod a 930 to produce more power it's real simple you either blow it up or you don't. You find out what measures you can take to increasing your chances of it not blowing up and you do them, and hope for the best.

If you can't afford to rebuild an engine, then, just don't go there.

If you are modding a 930 for the street there are several measures you can take to increase your chances of beating it.

1. Do not increase compression over factory spec.

2. Increase intercooler size and cooling efficiency

3. Install an aftermarket O2 sensor with a readout and know where
your afr's are at all times.

4. Install at least euro heat exchangers and a good quality free flow
muffler.

5. ALWAYS run the highest octane fuel available.

6. Run retard timing when under boost.

7. Add increased cooling.

8. Never exceed .9 - 1.0 bar of boost

9. Never run higher boost for extended periods of time.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 11-27-2009 at 08:36 PM..
Old 11-27-2009, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
i just switched to a 3.4 with 7.5/1 JE pistons and a 1 bar spring. this mean i have a ticking time bomb? I still am breaking it in and havent re adjusted the WUR for the new compression and displacement.
Iíd forgotten about this thread until your posting brought up a prompt.

Are you living on the edge? Possibly. Don, Les and Voitureltd are at 12.3:1 and I suspect these points are in fact very good guidance. If you expand the chart adding every turbocharged air-cooled Porsche street motor you will find that even the last of them stayed below 12:1 and that is with every electronic technology in existence - knock listening - pressure, temperature and flow measuring - then adjusting fuel, spark and boost.

Your increased compression against 1Bar boost places you with these three however they are twin plugged and you are not. Also, I donít know of your charge cooler, as your banner reflects none, but the best of the best would also be needed. Lastly, southern FL is not a mean ambient condition.

I read the chart and suggest lowering your boost to .8 bar. After all, that small amount of extra boost is not giving your motor configuration a large power boost for the potential risk it presents. Effective 11.5:1 on pump gas running at elevated temperatures still presents risk if that is how you roll.

Last edited by copbait73; 11-28-2009 at 06:31 AM..
Old 11-27-2009, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: