Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown10 View Post
Nathan,
I am running a stock IC and turbo and min 95 octane.
I wouldn't run 1bar with a stock IC or a stock 3LDZ. You might be OK with a K27 or a good IC, but ideally you want both.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 03-23-2008, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

You can check the cut out pressure by removing it and screwing it into a tyre valve fitting, or similar and pressurising with a pressure gauge teed in. Put a multi meter (resitance) across the terminal and body and see when it triggers.
But when it is earthed - ie contact made with the housing, the fuel relays go. When it pings off this contact - no fuel. Mine is/was doing same thing - fuel now, now no fuel. The terminal in the housing was a bit loose - I can wiggle it. When I hold it left I have fuel, when I let it go, no fuel. Bit cramped inside there to hold it all the time - I'm about to order another one right now.
Alan
Old 03-24-2008, 11:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Hello!

Switch should trip at 1.15 bar or so. I assume trip boost will vary according to age and switch tolerances. Switch will effectivly disconnect when trip boost is reached and it will shut both fuel pumps.

I recomend to leave the switch in the loop as it's your only safeguard should wastegate pressure line or membrane develop a leak. I sure tripped mine before I found out my membrane was shot.

Also if BOV is not working correctly, switch might trip inadvertly during shifts as boost will spike when you lift off the throttle.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: