Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

My zr3 laser jammer has arrived

Just got it, has any one here installed one in a 911. I have a turbo slant and it doesn't look like there is any place on the car to install the light emitters. it's designed to work with a car that has a grill. any one else put one of these in?
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 04-18-2008, 02:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
No FHE. Can you mount it by the oil cooler opening under the bumper?

How did you come to select this particular unit?
Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Michael Delaney wanna-be

I thought those things didn't work (wrong light spectrum and so forth)......
C.R.A.P. Gruppe Member #7
Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Me like track days

WHat's a ZR3? I've heard that the Blinder may be the only one that is worth purchasing -
Old 04-18-2008, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

it's supposed to work with my passport radar detector. but the light emitters are bigger than I thought they would be.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 04-19-2008, 01:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I can't see your car, but my friend installs them through the fiberglass and mounted right to the aftermarket bumper/airdam thingy. He said you need a little hole to run the wires and then attached the emmitters right to the firerglass (maybe epoxied in place?). I would try and go on the oil cooler screen if you have one. Either way you go it's better than multiple tickets.

He sells them and says they work. A soon as I install a new bumper/airdam I am going to attach mine to the cooler screen and runit to the 9550i.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s
Old 04-19-2008, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

well I am not sure there is room in the oil cooler grille. The emitters are several inches deep and my oil cooler sits directly behind the grille. I really dont want to go cutting holes in the front spoiler.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 04-19-2008, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: