Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

So you are trying to put that piece on the 1986 930?

I'm with A930rocket, you're most likely going to have to trip that piece off that yo show there in your pic, with the 4 holes, in order for it to fit.

Do you have a pic of the entire bumper? The front side?
My Track Videos
TEC3 EFI Conversion on 1983 930
Old 05-05-2008, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Let me ask another question. Is that piece made for the up to '89 930 or is it made for the C2 Turbo? Could be your trying to fit a part that just doesn't fit or wasn't made your car?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

I'm just so pissed off about this whole situation. I went ahead and cut the 1" I needed off the center section and it fit like it should until I looked at the drivers side, it sits out about 1/2 inch. Now I'm stuck the piece was just made a little to long.

The thing that I'm upset about is, if Getty told me their's a 50% chance it wont fit I would of never got it from them. Every time I asked they said it will fit with minor modifications

The bumper is the right one, it will fit any 911/930 with the wide body up till 89.

84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 05-05-2008, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

Sorry to hijack this thread, but it sort of applies.

Last year I purchased a Glass valence from Performance Products and it sat in the garage for almost a year. Time came along and I test fitted it and was immediately disappointed when nothing lined up, areas were sort of twisted and it would not fit well at all. After extensive filing and grinding, cutting, and patching, it finally looked like something. THEN I took it to the body shop and after spending a chunk of change, the color did not match. I was SO close to just turfing it and putting the original back on. Then I took up the matters with the body shop and they repainted on their own dime and finally got it right. Now that it is done, I look back and say "Thats what I'm talkin' about".
Patience and it will pay off.

TURBO = Free Power
Old 05-05-2008, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Well I'm so deep into this project that's theirs no turning back now. I have the C2 rear turbo bumper painted and installed. I just don't see anyway of fixing the problem I have now
84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 05-05-2008, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Looking at some C2 pics, the rubber trim once wedged in between may fix your problem, definitely after a little grinding/glass work and some vice grips. The color match is a more difficult task.

It is going to look sweet when you are done!

Regards,
Old 05-05-2008, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mede8er View Post
My Better Bodies kit fit like a glove.....just sayin.....
I ordered a piece from performance products and it turns out that the part actually was made by Better Bodies. That part wasn't close to fitting and I threw it out eventually. Low quality garbage.

Meanwhile, my Getty rear bumper was a perfect fit and also my GT Racing front bumper.

So, in the end, I guess each case is different.

Last edited by DDDD; 05-05-2008 at 08:14 PM..
Old 05-05-2008, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

That left side there with the big gap, that looks pretty bad. lf that were mine l`d send that pic to Getty,they may replace it..
Old 05-05-2008, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Jerry S;3926061]Sorry to hijack this thread, but it sort of applies.

Last year I purchased a Glass valence from Performance Products and it sat in the garage for almost a year. Time came along and I test fitted it and was immediately disappointed when nothing lined up, areas were sort of twisted and it would not fit well at all. After extensive filing and grinding, cutting, and patching, it finally looked like something. THEN I took it to the body shop and after spending a chunk of change, the color did not match. I was SO close to just turfing it and putting the original back on. Then I took up the matters with the body shop and they repainted on their own dime and finally got it right. Now that it is done, I look back and say "Thats what I'm talkin' about".
Patience and it will pay off.

You probably got a Better Bodies part from that catalog. That is who supplies them with a lot of their fiberglass stuff.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
You are probably right. Better bodies does sell the exact unit so I would assume performance guys get it from BB. It was very far from a ready-to-go fit. It worked the heck out of it but now it looks great.

TURBO = Free Power
Old 05-06-2008, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Update... Getty will take the bumper back and refund shipping too, both ways. That's what I call customer service. I've been talking with Better Bodies about a new bumper.

One thing I like, before they ship my bumper out they will write my name on the bumper and test fit it to an 930/wide body car take a picture for my approval. Can't beat that.
84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 05-07-2008, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Sounds great. I've spken with the owner before and he's a stand up guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN View Post
Update... Getty will take the bumper back and refund shipping too, both ways. That's what I call customer service. I've been talking with Better Bodies about a new bumper.

One thing I like, before they ship my bumper out they will write my name on the bumper and test fit it to an 930/wide body car take a picture for my approval. Can't beat that.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Here's a picture of Better Bodies rear bumper painted and installed. I'm very happy overall with it. I just hope the front will be the same.

84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 05-11-2008, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
The path of the warrior.

Garage
My Better Bodies Ft and rear bumpers bolted right on with no problems. It looks like your front bumper is too close, there is no room for the smile.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Update... Better Bodies came through as promised. I received the bumper a few days ago and got a chance to test fit it and couldn't be happier. The bumper is just held on with small C-clamps to test fit and for the pictures.

I got all the lights installed too but then the day with south when I dropped the left front driving light and broke it So if anyone has the lens for sale please let me know

I'll get the bumper off to the body shop this week.

I should of just got the front bumper from them in the first place and would of been done with this conversion.

Thanks again Robert and Armando at Better Bodies.

84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 06-01-2008, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Is it an H4 or H5 headlight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMAN View Post

I got all the lights installed too but then the day with south when I dropped the left front driving light and broke it So if anyone has the lens for sale please let me know
Old 06-01-2008, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

H4's with Hids...

84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 06-01-2008, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jbailey930 Send a message via Yahoo to jbailey930
That wll be another nice addition to your 930 - good looking and weight loss - what else could you ask for.

Unfortunately I only have H1's due to upgrades.

best
Old 06-02-2008, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Bman what did you do for a heat sheld in the rear bumper? And did you install a shock bar to use the existing bumper shocks? I'm getting ready to install my C2 bumper. My front was a DP and it fit pretty well.

Last edited by 911rudy; 06-03-2008 at 08:59 PM..
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

That's gonna be nice, BMAN!
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 06-04-2008, 01:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: