Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
He was a machinist so he built his own centerlock hubs and axles in order to use the wheels which are on the car to give 934 track dimensions, did a number of other things as well. I don't think there are many 930s in the same color either.
Is there any sort of consensus if he did a good job or is that just not known?

Interesting story behind the car so far.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris2600 View Post
Ebay has had a few deals lately.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110306758838&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

I think that was a decent price considering there are people on craigslist advertising 930's with blown motor's for 20k.

That car has been off & on ebayfor sometime now. Coulple of peole have iinquired with "whatta think about this one" yet it still sits. Understand that the paint is a little needy but there is obviously something else keeping it from a sale.
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
Is there any sort of consensus if he did a good job or is that just not known?

Interesting story behind the car so far.

Well I actually have the article sitting here in front of me now(i like back reading )

He worked as a machinist and suspension designer/consultant for Vision Motorsports. After sourcing said RSR centerlock Mag's, he designed the new hubs on paper and then had a sprint car fabrication shop CNC the components.

Apparently some of his stuff is/was available through Vision, but of course this is going from an article written some 4 years ago.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Well if anyone is looking for centerlock setups, I'd go with Zuffenhaus' centerlocks and wheels. Good stuff, tons of design time went into them etc.

I believe on this car (ebay car) the centerlock nuts would back themselves off the wheel after hard driving. I don't know if that has been corrected on the car for sale on Ebay.

I commend his efforts but that sounds like a serious safety issue.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
I commend his efforts but that sounds like a serious safety issue.
Don't they thread the hubs on each side of the car in different directions to prevent the nuts from backing off?

You guys seen Porsche's new center locks?

Also, http://www.onelugwheels.com/
Old 11-12-2008, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Yes the Porsche hubs are threaded to ensure the nuts don't come off...however his were not factory parts, and there was talk that on long drives he had to stop and retighten his nuts after so often.

That scares me. My hubs don't have that issue.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Yes the Porsche hubs are threaded to ensure the nuts don't come off...however his were not factory parts, and there was talk that on long drives he had to stop and retighten his nuts after so often.

That scares me. My hubs don't have that issue.
gulp...
Old 11-12-2008, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Okay, these guys just raised the price of this car from 79 grand to 99 grand????????

I guess if you can't sell it low than sell it high?

This is rampant on ebay right now. Sellers are not selling their cars at the price they hoped for so they are jacking up prices more.

My opinion is that this is to encourage people into bidding up to the reserve price, which probably remains exactly the same.

Last edited by DDDD; 11-21-2008 at 10:38 AM..
Old 11-21-2008, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

...meh, whatever, I'm not seeing anything too special, there! I agree with 'Rocket...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-21-2008, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

Personally, I'd take juicersr's or Turbo934's car over that thang any day.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 11-21-2008, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

+ 1 to that!
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: