Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Billit injector blocks

Putting out a feeler to find some billet injector blocks for the "Old Sled".
I need standard 930 32mm. Thought some the EFI guys might be of some help.

THANKS !!!!!
Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Try www.goingsuperfast.com
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 01-31-2009, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Try Chris Carroll at TurboKraft in Arizona.
55 Belair
40 Ford pickup
Old 01-31-2009, 01:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

2nd on TurboKraft
Old 01-31-2009, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Me like track days

Great idea - with the insulators (a must) you have one hell of a setup.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the suggestions. I have heard a lot about Turbocraft but have never
bought from them.
Would anyone happen to have a set of billet blocks they have replaced when converting to EFI
before I go buy new?
Those Turbocraft blocks are pure art.

THANKS AGAIN !!!!!!
Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 02-01-2009 at 10:26 AM..
Old 01-31-2009, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The problem with used injector blocks is they are plastic, phenolic, & may end up cracking on you. Correct me if I am wrong, but the heat from our motors can cause the phenolic blocks to become ridgid, which can crack, hence leaks may occur. Something to think of when going used.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

How much does a set of billet injector blocks costs for grins?
Old 02-01-2009, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

more than i would pay...

CIS Injector Blocks
$495.00
Old 02-01-2009, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

And the thread link...............

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=123329
Old 02-01-2009, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akila View Post
The problem with used injector blocks is they are plastic, phenolic, & may end up cracking on you. Correct me if I am wrong, but the heat from our motors can cause the phenolic blocks to become ridgid, which can crack, hence leaks may occur. Something to think of when going used.
For the price of new oem ones, I dont see why anyone would want to go used. If you own a 930, cheaping out shouldnt be an option. Those billet ones sure are nice!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Daily Driven 88,

I am not cheaping out here. My original phenolic blocks are presently crack
free. I was not looking for used phenolic blocks, I was looking for used billet
blocks. When most users convert to EFI they change intakes and use fuel rails.
I simply thought, by chance, one of those users might have had billet blocks
with his original set up that they would be willing to sell.
I am not cheap. I simply have a limited amount I can spend. In the past 3
years I've had a Heart Bypass and then got Cancer that required 7 additional
operations. I just finished Chemo that consisted of three treatments a month
for 6 months at $14,000.00 a treatment. It presently isn't prudent to take
money from the household to buy parts for "The Old Sled". Consequently I sell the
parts I'm replacing to fund the new ones and that requires me to shop before
I buy.

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 02-02-2009 at 08:25 AM..
Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
Daily Driven 88,

I am not cheaping out here. My original phenolic blocks are presently crack
free. I was not looking for used phenolic blocks, I was looking for used billet
blocks. When most users convert to EFI they change intakes and use fuel rails.
I simply thought, by chance, one of those users might have had billet blocks
with his original set up that they would be willing to sell.
I am not cheap. I simply have a limited amount I can spend.

Cole
My comment was not directed to you. It was a response to the comment I quoted in regards to used phenolic blocks.

Last edited by DailyDriven'88; 02-02-2009 at 02:02 PM..
Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

Those injector holders are the $hit!!! I can see so many new applications for such a product.

Thanks for the link. I will be waiting...
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Turbokraft

I also have Chris's blocks from Turbokraft. They worked great and I am very happy.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 02-02-2009, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Do you ever get any hot start roughness/sputtering caused by heat transfer from the heads into the metal injector blocks causing fuel vaporization in the injectors and lines shortly after a hot shutdown?

Seems that would or could be the only summertime drivability problem with metal injector blocks, and thats why the factory used phenolic resin or bakelite for them... to insulate the injectors from cylinder head heat.

I just wish they made them with thicker walls so they can be hogged out to 38mm without making the walls so thin they crack and crumble when tightening down the intake manifold nuts
Old 02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Thoughts

JFairman,

I think the fact that the billet blocks come with the phenolic spacers answers your question of heat transfer and why they were designed that way. The benefit is what you mentioned regarding "going bigger" and Chris at Turbokraft told me they have never had any issues with heat.

I was curious about the same thing when I was looking for a solution to my stock spacers.

Bryan
Old 02-02-2009, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

cool, thanks for the info.

The old BMW 2000CS, 2002ti, and Mercedes 190SL came with Solex 40PHH dual sidedraft carbs and similar phenolic spacers between the carbs and short manifolds for the same reason... to try and stop heat transfer fuel vaporization.
They would still vaporize and boil gas over from the float bowls into the primary venturis after a hot shut down though.
Weber DCOE carbs aren't quite as bad about doing that.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I was worried about the heat transfer as well. I wasn't sure if the injector itself not being isolated and directly attached to such a big piece of aluminum heat sink would have caused problems.

I ended up boring mine out to 31.5 mm (if I remember correctly)

I think after all the good reviews and not seeing any evidence of the heat soak problem I may have to buy a set when the time comes around.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

The Blocks that are pictured are 38mm. I bought them for use with SC heads.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: