Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

headlight washers

on the early 75-77 3.0 930s, did all, including the US cars, have the snorkle headlight washers? i know they are pretty much unobtainium/NLA, but i am seeing a few 76-77s FS with the later pop up style.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 10-31-2009, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
My 79 930 has them too. I think they were switched over mid year 1979 is what I was told.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hello Charles, I believe that the EU version had the small version headlight washers, and the US version the snorkle washers.

See pictures, both cars is 1976 930, one EU car and one US car (I've sold both of them in Denmark)

This is a EU car:

This is a US car:

aka The Beauty and the Beast
Old 11-03-2009, 03:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Jesper

The headlights on the first pic don't look like Euro version, lens is almost vertical.

Second pic: These are Euro lenses, just without painted ring on it

And the yellow lenses on the front bumper side aren't Euro on both pics...

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list

Last edited by proffighter; 11-03-2009 at 03:13 AM.. Reason: additions
Old 11-03-2009, 03:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Do the later style flush mounted nozzles pop up like a lawn sprinkler when you turn them on?

I've never actually seen them while spraying because you can't see them from inside the car.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

My 79 euro has the snorkle type. Maybe they were converted to the US type when it was federalized but I can't imagine why.

Has anyone converted the snorkle type to the newer style?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proffighter View Post
Jesper

The headlights on the first pic don't look like Euro version, lens is almost vertical.

Second pic: These are Euro lenses, just without painted ring on it

And the yellow lenses on the front bumper side aren't Euro on both pics...
hey proffighter, you are absolutely right regarding the headlights. The first picture is a EU car, but with converted headlights US mode. The second car is a US car with converted chrome EU headlights.

And the yellow lenses on the front bumper side aren't Euro on both pics. Yes but thats be course the first car is a "Grey market car" so the lenses it mounted in the US.

Best regards
Jesper

aka The Beauty and the Beast
Old 11-03-2009, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Charles, my `77 had them. Let me tell ya, I had the car in the garage one night after completely waxing and polishing everything down and I was sitting behind the wheel reading the owners manual,, it said, "lights have to be on to activate washers"! When I turned the key and lit up the headlights,,, then hit the switch,, it was like an explosion of water hit the front of the car! There was no metering or regulating the amount that was dispensed! It was all or nothing! That was the last time I did that! btw, they both worked splendidly, too! I remember laughing pretty damn hard all the way thru the wipe down.

Old 11-03-2009, 11:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa View Post
Charles, my `77 had them. Let me tell ya, I had the car in the garage one night after completely waxing and polishing everything down and I was sitting behind the wheel reading the owners manual,, it said, "lights have to be on to activate washers"! When I turned the key and lit up the headlights,,, then hit the switch,, it was like an explosion of water hit the front of the car! There was no metering or regulating the amount that was dispensed! It was all or nothing! That was the last time I did that! btw, they both worked splendidly, too! I remember laughing pretty damn hard all the way thru the wipe down.

HA HA HA, that just made me laugh out loud, this is the exact same story I have on my 76, there was alot of water on the ground afterwards. I haven't even dared to try again...
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 11-04-2009, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
lol 2 funny
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: