Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Does anybody know where to find grill mesh for a RUF style front valance?

How about the front oil cooler system?
How involved is it to install a front coolre?
Thank you guys,
Miguel
Old 11-10-2009, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Hi

I have seen people on this forum use either an old engine grill (the black one) cut to fit or maybe just go to the hardware store and buy some stainless mesh and make that fit.

You can do a search on this and the oil cooler issue. You will find plenty of info.

good luck

Jesper
Old 11-10-2009, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I used an old engine grille and cut it to fit.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-11-2009, 10:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I used an old engine grill also.
Ben
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Google "mesh grilles". I did and bought a nice grille for $20 for my front Setrab cooler.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Hi,
I used two sheets of aluminium diamond mesh, one behind the other in front of the oil cooler. Although it doesnt look it, the mesh is black but quite fine fom this angle, so most of the cooler tubes are showing. If you move up a little the mesh looks more pronounced.

Hope it helps.
Regards

Jammo.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: