Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

75-77 early turbo

last week a 77 turbo was Auctioned and sold hear in Down Under Australia. The car was quite a nice example.
Confidence Returns to Classic Auctions

Im keen to know if prices are aligned with other countries. Does anyone know of any recent sales of 3.0ltr turbos

cheers robbie
Old 11-30-2009, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

My 77

I brought my 77 930 for around $18,000 USA. That car had 6 broken head bolts. Of course I did not know that it had that much problems. But now after spending around another $13,000 I now have a great car with not one problem. That 13,000 included a engine rebuilt and a full interior restore that I did to save the labor. Also tires, brakes, struts all around. I also Intercooled the car. So I did get a great deal.

The car also had a K27 upgrade SS headers with heat, Alum flywheel and sport pressure plate and the best thing......no rust on the body. Here is the thread of the rebuild .....
1977 Porsche 930 Turbo

Good luck. The cars are lighter and a little faster off the line due to the shorter stroke. Get the K27 and a good intercooler and it spools faster than stock.

Robert
Old 11-30-2009, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
MEMBER # 930

I have a 78 3.3 .. The prices seem to be at a point that a owner feels it is time to sell now before price go down . This is my opinion . I see turbos for sale selling in all price range . Asking price and getting a nice car will take a lot of time and energy , they are out there .

Last edited by waynesco1; 12-01-2009 at 04:19 PM..
Old 11-30-2009, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

There isnt much point comparing prices of cars here with the US or UK. The cars were much more expensive here new because of import taxes. Cars are cheapest in the US.

That Ice green car looks pretty good. I would say pretty well bought at that money assuming it all checked out ok. Not many decent 3.0 cars left here so when a good one comes up it usually moves. Most of them are long gone.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I want to know what a clean and original 3.0ltr turbo is worth in other countries. Not opinion, just want to know if anyone in Germany, England, US, Japan etc etc know of any clean 3.0ltr turbo that have recently sold.
There was a time when 3.0ltr turbos were discarded due to the lack of extras. It now seems that the lack of extras is the very thing that people appreciate in these cars. Yes there wouldn’t be too many of these dinosaurs remaining. Add that to a relatively low build numbers and i say these early 1st generation turbos will become very sought after.
They have certainly jumped in price down under, im keen to find out if this is happening overseas.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Robbie,

I got my car inspected by Haggerty Insurance. They gave me a $37,000 policy. My 930 is fully rebuilt with under 1000 miles on the engine and transmission. I did drop a lot of money in it real quick but it was worth it.

As far as a lot less options. I have all the options that a 88 930 has. The only difference is, is that my car is lighter, and has smaller brakes. Oh I don't have electric locks.

Engine wise, I don't have a lot of the sensors and my cold start valve is a lot better as far as control.

Exhaust wise, I don't have a catalytic converter or o2 sensor.

The choice for me when I went looking for a 930 was to buy a nice used one for around $25000 US, and the ones I was looking at had mileage around 60,000.

Then this 77 came along. It needed a full interior redo and ended up with a full engine rebuild. I have the receipt for the rebuild of the 930 trans. and it is the tightest gear box out of the three 911 that I have owned.

Along with a few modifications to the suspension and repairs to the frame from stress and a new tires and struts and sway and control bushings...the car is a new fast, fun, reliable car that I ended up spending the amount that I would have spent on a OK 80's 930.

I hope this helped.

Under stand that they only made around 2000 930's in 77. The exact number I don't remember, I think it's more like 1700. I'll look it up and post the link.

So IMO, very limited amount made. Good condition car. Very tweekable.... K27, intercool. Lower compression, better boost. Short stroke 3.0 instead of the 3.3. Parts for the 3.0, like fuel pumps and other things are the same as the 3.0 SC. A lot cheaper.

Good luck.

Robert
Old 12-01-2009, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Under stand that they only made around 2000 930's in 77. The exact number I don't remember, I think it's more like 1700. I'll look it up and post the link.

Good luck.

Robert[/QUOTE]

Just happen to have the production schedule handy.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: