Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
connector question

Hey All

Could someone please explain what the 2 wire plug on the back side of the
mixture control unit is used for. I found it unplugged last night while installing a
Innovate WB O2 controller. Does this affect the fuel mixture by chance. I've been
trying to get this thing to pass emission tests and my CO% is way above spec at 25 mph test. I installed the WB O2 for 2 reasons..to control fuel at idle and mid cruise to pass the emissions test and also to datalog A/F's while spirited driving. Once it passes the emissions test, the O2 signal wire is being disconnected and the CO% is going back to 3.0% but I will still be able to monitor the A/F ratios.

Also is it normal to have a small hole (drilled) in the top of the banjo fitting bolt at the wastegate..or did someone do this to increase boost pressure?

Chris
Old 05-11-2010, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I had somthing like that on my 91 Turbo. On mine I think it was the conection for the Frequency Valve. However, I had a euro fuel distribuitor fitted so there was nothing to plug it into.

If your FD is a converted high flow you would no longer have your Frequency Valve to.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks. 911st

How do you determined if the FD has been upgraded..mine is a grey/aluminum
color.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted 89 View Post
Thanks. 911st

How do you determined if the FD has been upgraded..mine is a grey/aluminum
color.
Take a picture of it and post it here.

What you can see on the outside..
The short 12mm wrench size fuel supply banjo bolt and banjo fitting for the frequency valve is removed and a plug is screwed in in place of it.

Then the longer 12mm wrench size return line banjo bolt is removed along with the frequency valve's return line banjo fitting thats piggybacked onto it with the WUR return line banjo fitting.

Then the shorter 12mm wrench size banjo bolt that was used to supply fuel to the frequency valve is screwed into the fuel head where the longer banjo bolt was because only the banjo fitting return line from the WUR is installed on it after the frequency valve has been removed.

If the fuel head was modified by flowtech there will be a dab of green or brown paint on the edge of the 4mm differential valve spring tension adjustment cover button head allen screws on the top and on the Torx screws in the bottom.
There is no locking or modification ID paint on stock fuel head screws.

A CIS Flowtech modified USA aluminum lambda fuel head usually has the Bosch ID tag removed and "CIS M 007" is stamped into the housing.
You can see that in this pic.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Great Guys

Thanks for all the info. Looks like it has the factory FD in it so I reattached the connector to the frequency valve and also found a few other small issues that I addressed. I installed the Innovate LC-1 WB o2 setup in the Porsche and got it up and running. Everything looks great so far. As it sits with the O2 sensor feedback disconnected it runs around 13.2- 13.5 at idle....then goes rich after depressing the gas pedal. Hooked up the O2 feedback wire and it sits at 14.3 to 14.7 at idle , goes to 15.1 then back to 14.5 ish while depressing the gas pedal. This looks like it may cure my high CO% at 25 mph. I still needs to set the CO% with the gas analyer at work before the emission test...cross your fingers.

Chris
Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: