Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
MUST READ no boost FIXED

Thanks for all the help and ideas everyone.I just pulled off the muffler then laid it down and heard something???The CAT broke down and clogged the muffler WOW!!! nice to find this!!Now that I took off the cat and some how the rest just fell out you know???what about just running it hollow as a test tube????I will just get new gaskets and studs and nuts etc.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5050racing View Post
Thanks for all the help and ideas everyone.I just pulled off the muffler then laid it down and heard something???The CAT broke down and clogged the muffler WOW!!! nice to find this!!Now that I took off the cat and some how the rest just fell out you know???what about just running it hollow as a test tube????I will just get new gaskets and studs and nuts etc.
Toss the cat, and run with a test pipe to bridge the gap if you have one. Hope your muffler isn't all clogged up as well.
Hey, if you ran with just the test pipe attached and fogot the muffler all together, you would have a poor man's zork. Hope you like loud....
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
pipe

the cat is clean smooth ,nothing inside at all and bolt the muffler back on making sure the muffler is clear.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Glad you problem was something inexpensive to fix. Your car should run better than ever with the CAT eleminated.
Pelican carries the studs and gaskets you need.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

Are you sure those were not the elusive muffler bearings causing your problem?

Old 09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: