Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

what configuration is this intercooler for ?

hey guys

i bought this intercooler recently from another pelican and was told it was for a CIS 3.3 79 turbo motor. since i have a 79 and am upgraded the turbo and exhaust an intercooler was calling me. i spoke to the seller on the phone and he assured me it was on his motor and it was not EFI. after recieving it im kinda thinking this may in fact be for a EFI car running a 3.2 intake from what i can tell from my research on this forum.
any of you experts out there able to tell if this cooler with plumbing will work on my car. i havent pulled my stock intercooler off to set it up there to eyeball it yet. it is missing the plumbing the stock one has but was thinking of aliminating the stock bov and converting to the later style.

cheers ed

Old 10-09-2010, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Yea, that sure does look like its for a car running EFi and a carrara intake....
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 10-09-2010, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

. . . it will definitely not fit with the stock turbo plumbing!
Old 10-09-2010, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

agreed on the not fitting with stock plumbing,im going to remove my stock one tonite and set this one on top of the motor and see what kinda crazy plumbing it might take to make it work.

thanks for the info so far guys.

cheers ed
Old 10-09-2010, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Intercoolers
Old 10-10-2010, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

nice flooring.. other than that you got ripped off.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Happiest when Tinkering

Goingsuperfast.com not happy with them at all you can do better.
76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
UNDER CONSTRUCTION!

that sure looks like what i have on that site, the size is not the same but sure looks the same. im going to forward that site to the seller and im still on the search for a intercooler that will work for me.

thanks for the link and the input guys.

cheers ed

Old 10-10-2010, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: