Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Sorry guys for the holdup but my daily driven car decided to give me all the problems it could have given me in one week but all well now. Two days ago I was going to check the car and then it didn't start! After several cursing there was 0 psi and ended up being just a relay, so I was now back to start but dies issue. I grabbed an allen wrench and turned the screw on the fuel head and didn't see a change. I was brave enough to keep on turning and about after 4 1/2 clockwise turns it was idling by itself. So it's back up and running.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Turbofrog

If your talking about the idle CO screw you need to push it down while turning and it only needs very small increments for big changes so I think you did not push it down enough if you made that big changes?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
If your talking about the idle CO screw you need to push it down while turning and it only needs very small increments for big changes so I think you did not push it down enough if you made that big changes?
Actually when I was turning the pin I made sure it was turning the screw. It feels very different when your turning the screw and when you aren't. Now it's just setting the idle but at least it stays on now which is great tahnks to all the people that help me out. I reAlly appreciate it. I haven't driven this car in a year.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

4 1/2 turns is a lot. It must have been WAY off.

The dyno run will get it dialed in and it will be interesting to see how it works out.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
4 1/2 turns is a lot. It must have been WAY off.

The dyno run will get it dialed in and it will be interesting to see how it works out.
That is an understatement for sure. 4 1/2 turns is a full bucket of crap load. Man, whoever your AC shop was, they should be shot for messing with stuff they know nothing about. They probably thought that screw was for adjusting the idle. Jeeze!
Let's hope that's all it was. Now, either dyno it or find someone that can test your CO% out the tailpipe to get her dialed in to around 2.5-3%. You're not done yet, but almost there.

Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: