Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Front struct brace advice

I need your opinion:

I am currently working on a 930 project (unfortunately a long project) - tub up restoration of a 78 930 with a steel slantnose conversion. Anyway I am working through the trunk area - wiring, battery install, heat vents, etc. I am installing monoball mounts for the front shocks and a shock tower strut. I have a weltmeister from a previous 930 but decided not to use it. I am looking at the Rennline struts.

Which one would you guys recommend - The standard tower to tower #SB80 or the monoball to monoball struct #SB7X. Both will be the 3-point style.

Thanks for you input.

Mark

Old 10-29-2010, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Just looked at my spelling - WTF? I aim wetard did. Sofa king wetard did.

MRM
Old 10-29-2010, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
I got my monoball strut top bearings and strut brace from Clint at Rebel Racing. The monoballs are the same ones sold under a variety of names, including Rennline. I like the installation tool better than the hex-shaped ones. More sophisticated. (Boy, that does not look like the correct spelling. )

Clint offers several strut brace options. You can have a simple bar between the strut tops or triangulate with an additional bar. I have one that goes between my sheet metal brackets on the strut towers. My RSR style solid tube brace was installed but then ran into alignment issues. The car would only align without it, so it seems that over the years the project took, the brace may have been put in with the car in the air, then on the ground it was too long. Anyway, Clint's bar is very nice. Lightweight, rigid Alumium. Adjustable via threaded Heim joints with lock nuts. It was just the thing I needed. I only had to turn it a few threads from fully threaded in to get it lined up so there is a lot of strength in this configuration.

Scroll down a bit here. You can get the bearings from him, too, and save on shipping. Suspension1

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 10-29-2010, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Flieger, I will take a look

Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: