Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

76 77 turbo carrera script

Does any one make these? I need the engine lid ( Turbo carrera ) script for #9307800268. Or someone have a nice original? It was debadged when that was popular, by some, when you built a modified one. The go fast mods included a twin plugged motor by Andial, RUF comp short bellhousing 5spd , Weltmister ralle suspension and brake upgrades along with other mods.

Last edited by voitureltd; 06-17-2011 at 01:12 PM..
Old 06-17-2011, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Tony, check automotion. they indicate in the catalogue they have the turbo script for the 76-77. then i think you can also buy the correct carrera script to go with it?
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 06-18-2011, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Is there something wrong with the script that Pelican sells?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGW View Post
I do not know as I have looked at Pelican but do not find any Turbo carrera script offered. Please send me the info. If accurate to an original I would like to buy.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I've had my 76 for 26 years. It was a Euro import on the one time exemption deal. I'm the 2nd owner. My car had simply Turbo on the back. Why anything else?
Old 06-18-2011, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Paul View Post
I've had my 76 for 26 years. It was a Euro import on the one time exemption deal. I'm the 2nd owner. My car had simply Turbo on the back. Why anything else?
On both my other stock 1977s it has this script so I need a script like in the photo's. Thanks if you know who might have new ones or a used one.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGW View Post
DGW thanks. I finally called and they had it albiet as two separate scripts. The turbo script for 1975-1977 is not as large as the later turbo script for 78 and on wards as it was designed to match and go with the carrera script that was used on the non turbo carrera models from the same years. Hence a Turbo Carrera model desigignation which i think is a accurate description of these 930 project cars. I'm impressed as the scripts are also genuine Porsche OEM parts. Needless to say i will call pelican in the future for Porsche parts.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
DGW thanks. I finally called and they had it albiet as two separate scripts. The turbo script for 1975-1977 is not as large as the later turbo script for 78 and on wards as it was designed to match and go with the carrera script that was used on the non turbo carrera models from the same years. Hence a Turbo Carrera model desigignation which i think is a accurate description of these 930 project cars. I'm impressed as the scripts are also genuine Porsche OEM parts. Needless to say i will call pelican in the future for Porsche parts.
Tony,
You are welcome. Sorry I did not get back to you, my only grand daughters 17 birthday was this weekend, it was a bit hectic. I bought these scripts for my 77 turbo. The original lid had been replace with a later one and I converted it back to the correct lid but it did not have the script. I really did not compare it to my brother's 76 turbo that had the correct script when he bought it.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I can make it in vinyl...less likey to get pried off and stolen.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bob View Post
I can make it in vinyl...less likey to get pried off and stolen.
Would the script be as thick as original? Can you make up "twin turbo Carrera " script for a modded one I am restoring.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Ever notice how the factory stylist made the script lower case "t" vs. upper case "T"?

Wonder if there was a large rift within the ranks about how this upstart "turbo" would be presented against their longstanding "Carrera".
Old 06-21-2011, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Would the script be as thick as original? Can you make up "twin turbo Carrera " script for a modded one I am restoring.
Nope, thick as shelf paper.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
Ever notice how the factory stylist made the script lower case "t" vs. upper case "T"?

Wonder if there was a large rift within the ranks about how this upstart "turbo" would be presented against their longstanding "Carrera".
Yes, when I saw a 77 next to a later one. I still like Turbo Carrera instead of just Turbo. Or 930 Carrera would have been nice also. I'm sure they wold have wanted us in their think tank.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
I think the engineers in the home office were shocked when marketing told them their "turbo Carrera" had reached exotic supercar status and that "turbo" was going viral (modern word) in all areas of marketing.

Still someone at the highest level said "fine but it will always be (small case "t" turbo). Just like today you have a GT3 or Turbo and "turbo" just can't get any respect.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: