Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Twin turbo 3.6 dyno sheets?

Hey Gang...I'm getting ready to have my motor installed in a few weeks, but my fabricator and I are going back and forth on a couple things.

I'm hoping somebody on here has a similar engine setup to me, and can post a dyno sheet or two.

Here's what I've got:

*964 case and crank
*993tt pistons on Pauter rods - 8.5:1 Compression
*3.6 100MM Mahle cylinders
*gt2 evo cams
*Twin Precision Turbo PTE-5857 turbos - Specs: 58mm PTE Billet Compressor Wheel, 57mm Turbine Wheel, T3 hotside with .63 a/r, S-Cover with Ported Shroud - 4" Inlet and 2.5" Outlet with Anti Surge Cover. Allegedly, similar to a 3071r but quicker spooling.
*Mildly ported 964 heads
*964 valvetrain with competition valve job
*Plastic intake
*83 Lb injectors.

I've sent a couple pm's out already, but naturally, the more info, the better.

Also, if anybody can tell me about street driveability with their twin turbo setup and what gearbox/clutch they have, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks, happy friday!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Close to mine but I have a 3.8tt a bit wilder - should expect 630 bhp@1 bar and traction is a huge issue due to torque. ITBs fixed that issue at low RPM for me, along with 14.5" wide tires. That's with a stock geared 4 speed @ LSD

Check your CVs and axles for pits, wear - went with hydraulic clutch and tiltion 3 plate...
Old 07-08-2011, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Btw the turbos will spool faster than your mind works - INSTATORQUE!!!!

Drivability is based on clutch & engine mgt - if you have a good tune you will have no issues, mine is baby smooth!

Enjoy your motor, but respect her or she will kill you...been there a few times with the 935 K3 tribute
Old 07-08-2011, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Ah Men to reapers statement, respeeecctt or indeed she or it or he will kill you. You maybe even get the privilage of an old school death, no not a wall, not in a tree, but up in a tree with you and car jangling together. ( That's how you know, you were hardcore. ) When the paramedic arrived and had to look up in a tree to find ya.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks reaper. You convinced me before to keep my 4 speed, but my fab dude isn't so hyped on the idea. He thinks i wont have enough of a broad torque curve to best utilize the 4 speed on the street, and i think i'd be changing gears more than i'd be accelerating with a 5 or 6.

Even though your motor is a little more wild than mine, when do you hit full boost, or 1 bar?
Old 07-08-2011, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I looked at the tourqe curve on recent dyno pull on my 3.4 with evo 2 cams by webcam. torque is really strong from 3000 up to 5500 when the Hp overtakes. So it looks like on my motor that a 4 speed is plenty. More gears would just get in the way. We only have the boost @ 11psi for longivity for track use. We will up it to 13.5 once fully broken in. The upper motor twin turbo build is by Jarvis 2004. lower motor recent with Cirrillo rods and 7.5 JE 3.4 liter pistons but just now in the chassis. Old electromotive engine mngt also, so may remap with a different set up. Old map with different cams ( probably 964 ) was redlined@6500. The motor was still increasing HP @ ignition cut off.

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-09-2011 at 05:42 PM..
Old 07-08-2011, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Tony...I sent you a pm as well. Could you give a little info about which turbos you're using? Id love to see your dyno sheet if you have it handy.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyspoon View Post
Thanks Tony...I sent you a pm as well. Could you give a little info about which turbos you're using? Id love to see your dyno sheet if you have it handy.
Anyway for the race track the 4 speed is fine. The turbos were 993 but modified by Jarvis so not much help there either but hope this information is helpful for use in your car.The dyno measurement is at the wheels so as you can see @ break in 11psi boost from about 3000 rpm the crank hp is around 375 up to 440 @ 6500 red line with using the old electromotive map set up for the old cams, but the torque is really strong @ well over 450 ft lbs, until the HP increases to take over @ higher RPMs. So plenty of torque grunt from 3000 on as the 4speed gearing will never be below near max torque coming out of the corners. Gives me more time for other things instead of shifting gears. C.S Motorsports shop figures an easy 100 more at a higher safe boost level with more RPM as cams should be good for over7200 RPM upon final tune. Hopefully they can also raise the torque to a higher RPM so it can be used in the track RPM range however for street even with a 4 speed should be good grunt from even below 3000. Still plenty for a 2100 lb car to be in the middle of the pack with a decent driver. Just in case anyone reading is interested, this car needs a new driver as it will be to much for me at the young age of 70 years. It is a 1979 Carrera rebuilt into a 934.5 clone in the 80's with lots of early stuff so it looks close to the real thing @ about 20% the cost. It has fresh mechanicals throughout, such as new Fuel cell bladder & pumps, rebuilt Comp brakes, suspension, clutch, trans, competition halfshafts&CV joints to handle the extra (enhanced by Jarvis) power as the original race motor was around 100 less than even now ( soon to be 200 more). Last raced early 90s. Should be fun. Until sold I will use in a few light Porsche DE as it is set up now (as to not hurt it for the next owner) in spring or fall when the outside temperature is cool for me

Last edited by voitureltd; 07-09-2011 at 05:39 PM..
Old 07-09-2011, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Impressive Tony, thanks. Would like more info on the car by pm or e-mail when you've got some time
Old 07-09-2011, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyspoon View Post
Impressive Tony, thanks. Would like more info on the car by pm or e-mail when you've got some time
CS Motorsports just informed me they will take it with the rest of the Porsche cars they do race support for to the KIC vintage race event on their 18 wheeler and display it with the race cars they have entered. I will have a good chance for photos and then drop it at my place after the weekend ( if not sold ). So i should get a chance to drive it as well as they also wanted to test it to set up the adjustable brake bias among other things. This 4 day weekend of vintage racing is considered among the best along with Lime Rock & laguna Seca for its hugh turn out to drive the 1950's laid out 4 mile course in the heavily wooded kettle Moraine foot hills. Also lots of concours events and everything else. A great destination many times a year for me for the many other events and only 50 miles away.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

before my MODs - single plenum (plastic) decent IC etc.

tuning left ALOT on the table - the secret is in the tune

Old 07-10-2011, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: