Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unknown sensor

This picture is of a (broken) sensor on the exhaust before the turbine. anyone know what it is?
1985 turbo.
turbo and intercooler not stock. Could be a temp sensor added.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Isn't that the O2 Sensor?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Aha, yes, it looks like the Pelican picture. I suppose it was added for work done when the engine was modified. Im assuming I can just weld the hole closed and leave it off. I dont think there is any engine control requirement for it.
Mc
Old 08-21-2011, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClellr View Post
Aha, yes, it looks like the Pelican picture. I suppose it was added for work done when the engine was modified. Im assuming I can just weld the hole closed and leave it off. I dont think there is any engine control requirement for it.
Mc
I wouldn't weld the hole closed, a piece of weld or sensor might find it's way through your turbo. Just go to napa and buy an O2 plug.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

this one was welded on and is now broken at the ceramic.
Mc
Old 08-22-2011, 07:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Manassas, VA

Garage
You may want to add a wide band O2 sensor there now or in the future. I would obtain a standard O2 sensor bung (port) and pay a welder the going rate to grind off that awful mess of a weld and properly weld on the new bung. Probably cost you $50-$75 and everyone on this board will like you even more than they do now.

Mark
Old 08-23-2011, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Happiest when Tinkering

Plug it you won't want to put a wide band at that location the heat will cook it pretty fast wide band O2 sensor needs to go downstream of the turbo outlet. You will want to remove the remnants of the narrow band that was there to prevent it from going through the turbo.

76 911 C.R.A.P. Gruppe #2 BIG time TURBO C.R.A.P. Bitz EFI/EDIS Now MegaSquirt 3
76 Blazer also restored by me
Old 08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: