Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
CIS Data log - help me analyze

Well, first I need help to actually load the "sessions" from the logworks onto this thread.
How do I do that?

the car is running like crap when ever I accelerate and boost it. I can ruise 45-60mph just fine, sort of.

I have got a couple of logged sessions with the following data:control pressure, MAP, RPM, AFR and Gs

Control pressure seems to be faily stable. This leads me to rule out a CIS malfunc...?

Then I basiccaly have got a vacuum leak and ignition left as possible culprits. Since the car builds boost, I tend to lean towards ignition.

Help me figure this out, since this is really starting to bother me.

Thanks guys

www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 04-16-2013, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
beancounter

A good way to get the graphs from logworks onto a thread here is to take a screen shot. You can do this with the shift + print screen key stroke. Paste the screen image into the Paint application and you can edit as needed, and save as a jpeg file for posting on the thread.

You say control pressure is stable? The control pressure should drop when you are on boost, otherwise your afr will go lean. Maybe you're not getting into boost enough? I tried to start a datalogging thread where people could post up their graphs and we could build an online knowledge base...nobody jumped in.

Ultimate Datalog Thread - post your logs here
Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I was hoping something like YouTube and see the entire thing as it happened.

When I say CP was stable, I don't mean frozen, the afr drops as boost builds. Actually too much going into low tens in initial boost.

I will be more than happy to contribute to that thread, once I believe I have something that is useful to others. Right now I am REALLY frustrated because this thing still drives like crap inspite of a rebuild, replace and adjusted everything several times.
I believe I have never felt what a well tuned 930 dries like. I have has this car for more than two and a half year.
Yes, it is bugging me.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: