Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Topocalma

How to refurbish the 'Turbo' script on the rear seat

The Turbo script on my rear seat has mostly faded. The stitching on the edges ist still visible leaving the contour of the letters but most of the stiching is gone. I now want to have this redone on the original carpet.

Has anyone experience with this or know a craftsman that has experience doing it?

I removed the carpet and a quick test shows it can be stitched by hand... Could someone help me with a closeup of how the original stitching looked like, i.e. what pattern was used as well as density and size of the stitching? I have one picture from an Ebay ad but would like to see more before attempting the refurbishment....

Alternatively, does someone have an original black carpet with the stiching for sale?

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2018, 01:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Turbo Powered Snow Blower

Garage
Check with Classic 9. I think they can make new carpet with the Turbo script

Porsche Interior Restoration Leather Craftsman Classic 9 Leather
Old 02-03-2018, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Tony @ Autobahn did mine. Came out excellent.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg567 View Post
Tony @ Autobahn did mine. Came out excellent.
Did he stitch it onto a new piece of carpet, or did he re-stitch the original one? I redid the carpet in my car and couldn't find a solution for that piece, so I'll be reaching out to him as well...
2004 BMW R1100S
Old 02-07-2018, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

He stiched it on new carpet. He completely did rear seats with new leather aswell
Old 02-07-2018, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg567 View Post
He stiched it on new carpet. He completely did rear seats with new leather aswell
Can you please share a picture or two?
Old 02-08-2018, 03:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard930 View Post
Did he stitch it onto a new piece of carpet, or did he re-stitch the original one? I redid the carpet in my car and couldn't find a solution for that piece, so I'll be reaching out to him as well...
Great, thanks - I'll give him a call and send him the nice new blank one I have in the car now!
2004 BMW R1100S
Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
Can you please share a picture or two?
Here is the new carpet from Tony. I'm in San Diego for a conference so I picked it up in person, and there's some really nice work being done at Autobahn. His stellar reputation is clearly well deserved..
Old 03-03-2018, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Topocalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard930 View Post
Here is the new carpet from Tony. I'm in San Diego for a conference so I picked it up in person, and there's some really nice work being done at Autobahn. His stellar reputation is clearly well deserved..
Richard, could you post some close-up pictures of the letters and stitching? Would be much appreciated.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Aren't the factory seatbacks trimmed in the turbo pattern, not stitched? I would also like to see close-ups of his work.

Thanks,

Rahl
Old 04-08-2018, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topocalm View Post
Richard, could you post some close-up pictures of the letters and stitching? Would be much appreciated.
Here you go...

Old 04-10-2018, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: