Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Add 154.00 Magnaflow 14210 muffler to complete the trifecta.

1. Test pipe
2. Magnaflow
3. Steve Wong 911Chips

Like Fisters are to 996 owners Steve's 3.2 chip is amazing. Smoother idle. power all through the RPM seems to smooth out as well. Less of a mid range lag. Super happy with the set up for my DD.

Turbo Tie rods are next and this will complete my 25k refresh.

Last edited by 996AE; 03-10-2019 at 09:46 AM..
Old 03-09-2019, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Great thread! I have done just the reverse - am considering a top end rebuild for my 85 Carrera, Cabriolet - Grand Prix White - Fuchs - 8/9. I just completed doing full suspension rebuild in my Garage on my 4 post lift. Replaced front A Arm Bushings, Ball Joints, Sway bar bushings, upgraded to Bilstein HD’s over my stock Boge hydraulic strut cartridges and installed the Turbo Tie Rod kit. Moved to the rear and replaced worn out KYB shocks with Bilstein HD’s, serviced my axles with a full disassemble, clean, repack and new boots. Pulled my spring plates (radial arms) out and replaced the bushings and reinstalled, and replaced my sway bar bushings and new end links.

Took it to Jack Lewis here in Atlanta for an alignment and corner balance just in time to drive from Atlanta to Amelia Island for the Werks reunion, cars and coffee, Goodings Auction, Bonhams Auction, and the Concours d’ Elegance - awesome week-end!

She drove like never before and handled pristine.

Next on my lists -with 110,000 miles - am experiencing some burning oil at start up - goes away after some driving and getting her up to operating temp but is a clear sign of worn valve guides. Here in GA I don’t have to worry about smog - so am thinking about doing a top end with some upgrades to make her more responsive and powerful.

Long post - but am following your lead but in reverse! Oh - also need to address AC, degunking door locks, attach passenger window to lift rail and some other touches.

Fun stuff though - loving my P-Car!!!
Old 03-10-2019, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Great thread & sweet cab you got there. Thanks for the updates and cost analysis.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
A well sorted G50 3.2 Carrera is a blast. The Michelin PS2s, new suspension rubber and shocks with expert alignment by Westend Gardena CA makes a huge difference in how she handles.

Not going any lower than Euro ride height as this is a DD.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Sunday drive pics to follow.

Top down and wont go back up until Christmas.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage

Last edited by 996AE; 03-17-2019 at 11:13 AM..
Old 03-17-2019, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Garage

One more view.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: