Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2.2 T using E cams

Iím having my engine rebuilt and the guy doing it has suggested E cams and PMO carbs ,is this a good way to go and whatís the advantage of building it this was as oppose to stock
Thanks B
Old 10-27-2018, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Under the radar

Location: Sebastopol, the land of wine and redwoods in The Republic of California.
Garage
Lots of choices with these motors. I thought my stock 2,2 T motor was a sweet running motor.

Yea the E cams will bump up the horse power some. Perhaps +10. I imagine if that is the only mod made the Zeniths would be fine if opened up a few mm. PMOs probably would be an over kill if the cam is the only mod.

Since you are in there E pistons would be a nice addition, as would be larger cylinders. Then top it off with some head work and you would have a screamer.

Don't over look K&N air cleaners and a sport muffler. It all adds up.
#56 PCA Redwood Region, GGR, NASA, Speed SF
Trackrash's Garage :: My Garage
Old 10-27-2018, 05:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to cmcfaul Send a message via Yahoo to cmcfaul Send a message via Skype™ to cmcfaul
E cams will make a noticable difference. If you can increase the compression...another step in the right direction. 2.2 is a short stroke. Anything to lighten the valve train will help it rev.

Chris
73 E
Old 10-29-2018, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
PRO Motorsports

Youíll need E or S pistons for the valve clearance. Also need the extra compression ratio with the more aggressive cam timing to get a decent dynamic compression ratio.

There are larger ventures available for the Zeniths. 30mm or 32 would be good along with jetting changes. Open the Intake ports up if they are smaller than 32mm.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

You could do what I'm doing 2.2S crank, 2.2S p's & c's with DRC mod-solex cams and S cylinder heads. Should be a fun little motor.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: