Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Jeff, in your opinion what would you consider the best HP per $ in an NA aircooled? I have always considered the 3.2SS the best bang for the buck for these cars, I am sure there are a lot of variables that come into play just wondering if you had a general opinion on this one.

I am trying to figure out if I should build a nice lil NA motor or add the evil boost monster to my car. The romantic in me wants the NA, the devil wants the boost lol

Thanks

Old 12-19-2019, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Geronimo,

I assume you are starting with a 3.0? If so, cost wise, hard to beat going 3.2. If you chose using a 95mm 3.2 cylinder and get it bored and plated. If you chose to buy new cylinders, then may as well go 3.3 with a set of Nickies. If you want more stroke, then a 74.4 crank and rod combo works to get you out to 3.4 or 3.5. Or if buying a crank you can go to a GT3 crank at 76.4 and get 3.8. I haven't really crunched the math to see how much gains one could expect and how much additional dollars it would cost though. But, I am sure someone on here has!

Hope that helps
Old 12-19-2019, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
No thats awesome, I hope to be ready for a rebuild in 2021, I would love to do the build myself but we'll see where I am between now and then.

I am sure I will be in touch with you. I like very much what I am seeing from you.

If I can make 325-345CHP I might just forget all about that boost monster.

Love the work man keep it up!
Old 12-20-2019, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
What size throttle bodies are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2019, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
I currently have 46mm PMO's on my internally stock 3.0L My plan if I say NA was to replace the carbs with injection and an aftermarket ECU. Also if I stay NA would like to look at COP and twin plugging it.

Option B, swap the carbs for the 3.2 manifold and add boost
Old 12-25-2019, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Retired Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgroth View Post
What size throttle bodies are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
40mm

Old 12-26-2019, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: