Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Cant get spark plug out

I have a 3.2 and I was able to pull all the other plugs using a 13/16 spark plug socket with a swivel adapter but the middle plug on the passenger side just wont grab. I have taken the valve cover off and have tried for over an hour by fiddling with the socket in the hole but it just wont seem to grab. Any ideas?

Old 03-19-2020, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Are you sure there is one in there. Put your phone in there and take a photo to see what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83 911SC
85.5 944 NA - Sold
Old 03-19-2020, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Two things that sometimes happen. The rubber boots from the spark plug wires can sometimes come off the wire itself and stay on the spark plug. This will result in you not being able to get the spark plug socket on. another thing I have found is that certain sockets are too large and will not fit into the recess of the head. I highly recommend getting a hazet or gearwrench magnetic socket. In my opinion, both of the sockets are great and have enough clearance to fit in the small recesses. I usually see this problem on #1 and #6 cylinders.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Finally got it out. I switched sockets and the new one worked perfectly on that plug
Old 03-19-2020, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Awesome

Old 03-20-2020, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: