Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2.7 upgrade.....

I posted earlier, and it's somewhat clear that under the constraint of 2.7 litres and cis that 210 horsepower is a high goal.. One article I read dealt with a 3.0 cis carrera with a 964 cam reaching close to that goal. Provided I make the jump to higher displacement, what is the best piston,cylinder, cam, compression ratio combo with "reliability" and "driveability" in mind. I really am interested in keeping the CIS, and would be happy with 200-210 horsepower. thank you

Old 05-10-2004, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
drag racing the short bus

What's this infatuation with 210 hp? 150 or 160 is powerful enough IMHO. You can get 175 if you build an S motor out of your 2.7 with the CIS.

Otherwise, it looks as if a 3.0 is in your future, and even with that, 200-215 is about the highest I've seen with CIS atop those engines.

And even so, 215 with CIS is accomplished more or less with a hybrid motor, where one mates the bottom end of a newer SC engine (9.3 compression) with the top end of an early SC engine (larger intake runners), 20/21 cams, headers and a loud exhaust.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Bird. It's the word...

Garage
Hmmm, why settle for 5" when a little surgery can give you 7"

Old 05-11-2004, 12:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: