Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1 7/8" crows foot instead of 46mm?

Does anyone know if an 1 7/8" crow's foot wrench will work OK on the 46mm cam nuts? I know it's close, just wondering if anyone's BTDT.
Tanks
"You’re always going to have critics and naysayers and people that are going to tell you that you won’t, that you can’t, that you shouldn’t. Most of those people are the people that didn’t, that wouldn’t, that couldn’t."
T. Tebow
Old 08-14-2004, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have been using a 1-13/16th's toget the cam nuts tightened. Work OK but requires a bit more fiddling on the left side. I got mine on e-bay and saved a bundle over the factory part.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Oldporsche
Cool

I used a 1 13/16" socket bought at the pawn shop. My buddy ground out the square drive with a stone on a air grinder. We welded it to a long piece of 1/4" bar stock and had the right tool for the use.

I would next time just cut the socket with a cutting wheel on a right angle grinder and then weld it to a piece of bar stock.

Good luck,
David Duffield
Old 08-14-2004, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I went ahead and orderded the tools from pelican on Monday. I figure I can sell them on e-bay when I'm done and recoup most of the investment so i won't be out very much $$$$$

Onliest problem is, I just went to the site to check the order status, and the order didn't show up. no warm fuzzy feeling here.

I sent an e-mail just in case, I'll know tomorrow if the order went through.
Shoulda made the phone call to order but I've placed a whole bunch of online pelican orders with no problems at all, I'm prolly crying wolf. (fingers crossed)
"You’re always going to have critics and naysayers and people that are going to tell you that you won’t, that you can’t, that you shouldn’t. Most of those people are the people that didn’t, that wouldn’t, that couldn’t."
T. Tebow
Old 08-18-2004, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Just called Pelican, Jason said they did receive the order, it just wasn't processed yet so the parts are coming.
Still don't know why I didn't receive the e-mail verification, maybe one of my software programs thought it was spam.
T. Tebow
Old 08-19-2004, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by mike95125
Dude,
I'm telling ya, if you contact these guys
I had great luck with them and they promise to sell for 20% off of competetors. Just ask them for the same thing I got and they will put it on ebau with the same buy it now and send you the link. They are quick too!
HTH
But how is their Engine Rebuild forum? How about their 911 list?
(hint, hint)
-Chris
Old 08-24-2004, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I support what I can afford to support and buy here when ever possible. I have directed more people to this site than away by an exponential factor. I just had great service and prices for the exact same parts from these other guys. Gotta keep them all competative
-74 BMW R90
Old 08-24-2004, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I support what I can afford to support and buy here when ever possible. I have directed more people to this site than away by an exponential factor. I just had great service and prices for the exact same parts from these other guys. Gotta keep them all competative
It's just not polite to direct people to another store down the street while you're in Pelican's "store" using their free service (this BBS).
If you were standing in line at the front counter would you tell someone "You know, you can get it cheaper across the street." right in front of the proprieter?
Our friends at Pelican Parts BBS are so friendly you tend to forget that Pelican needs to make a living by selling parts.
-Chris
Old 08-24-2004, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree.
Peace
-74 BMW R90
Old 08-24-2004, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Guess we are gonna have to agree to disagree.
Peace
Chris is right. You can't disagree with me, this is my site. Don't link to competitors here, or your posting ability will be disabled.

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your BMW 3-Series101 Projects for Your Porsche 911How to Rebuild & Modify Porsche 911 Engines101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster & Cayman101 Projects for Your Porsche 996 / 997 • SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)

Check out our new site: Dempsey Motorsports
Old 08-24-2004, 11:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I can disagree, and I do. But, I can't disrespect Waynes request, so I wont. I wasnt looking to make enemys, no need for threats, we are all adults here.
Regards
-74 BMW R90
Old 08-24-2004, 11:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: