Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Bird. It's the word...

Garage
Baseline Carb Settings for 2.7?

Hi Guys

Getting ready to start my rebuilt 2.7.... RS spec + webers.

Can someone give me an idea where to set the carbies for start up? They are rebuilt with floats set correctly, but I'm chasing the amount of turns on the air correction screws etc... to best ensure it starts immediately for it's 20 minute run @ 2000rpm. Have all the tools required.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2004, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

John,
I'd start with the air correction jets closed and the idle mixture screws about 3 turns out. After the engine starts, have your Synchrometer or Unisyn ready and roughly adjust each bank so they flow equally. Keep the revs about 2000 rpm. Adjust the air correction jet on the throat with the lowest air flow of the bank so it's the same as the others (on that bank). With all three throats flowing the same air, adjust the crossbar linkage so both banks are flowing the same amount.

Hope this helps,
Sherwood
Old 10-04-2004, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Bird. It's the word...

Garage
Exactly what I was after, thanks very much Sherwood.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

John,
One correction.

You should adjust the air correction jets only for idle, so don't worry about fine tuning these at idle until the initial breakin period is over.

However, the idle circuit remains active during the transition to the main metering system (probably around 2000-2500 rpm). So slight changes in idle mixture should affect the engine even at this rpm range.

Sherwood
Old 10-04-2004, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: